Dirtiest water you dove in?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diversolo:
Biggest septic tank of all: Hong Kong harbor, pulling all sorts of gunk out of the sea water intakes and bumping into dead, bloated floating dogs.
Without a doubt. I did a lot of work in those waters and still don't know what some of that stuff was. I have some pics somewhere of the people taking a dump right off the dock. You need to be careful on where you come up.

Hong Kong harbor was where I recovered my first diver. They didn't secure the ship and he got caught by the scoop injection. Enough said.

Another was from a Navy Crude tank and 2 from treatment plants. But you know they are crappy dives before you go in. :wink: The pic of me covered in crap was from under a house with a broken sewer line. It could have been worse but at least I was getting paid for them. You can say the pay wasn't worth a crap but it was something. :D

Gary D.

Gary D.:
... The pic of me covered in crap was from under a house with a broken sewer line. It could have been worse but at least I was getting paid for them. You can say the pay wasn't worth a crap but it was something. :D

Gary D.
Ahh... so you did get paid for that dive. I was wondering about that. Hope it was at least enough to have your dive suit thoroughly cleaned, and a few rounds of beer for you :D.

In the quarry during algae bloom. Visability about a foot. Nice murky brown water when the newbie touched their fins down.

for me i would say it was only 2 weeks ago

crap, crap, crap.... couldnt see 30cms(a ft i think) in front of me, the entire ocean floor was swirling around plus floating about 30cms above the actual bottom.

even the fish disappeared as it was too crap to come out and play. at some point i just looked at almity1 and said we are out of here, it was so not worth getting your gear wet for

yuk

Grassy Key Quarry aka "Satan's A@#" the sulfur content is so bad that I leaned against my CD's car and it discolored the paint .

The intracoastal waters of North Palm Beach Marina. I climbed out, looked at the crew on the boat and said "what smells?". They all pointed at me.

A couple of years ago I helped do sweeps of the Disney ship's hull once a week when they were in Puerto Vallarta, just before they sailed. The vis was around 6" or so in the brown water, filled with who knows what...

Christ! You guys have me beat. I thought the lake behind my house was bad where I couldn't see my hand infront of my face!

D.

Back
Top Bottom