Dirtiest water you dove in?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pipedope:
A few sewage treatment plants. Post treatment is much better than pretreatment.

Just another day at the office. Or at least it was. :(

Agreed.

If you haven't done it don't expect to find NEMO in Pre Treatment. That little buggers red and white stripes just blend right in with the Brown Trout you feel. :D

Gary D.

I personally did not do this, but I saw footage of the LAPD Dive Team doing evidence recovery (looking for a gun dumped by a crook) in Ballona Creek.

For those not from LA, swimming/diving in that creek is akin to diving/swimming in your toilet. BEFORE flushing, and after you dumped all of your car's fluids into it as well.

And my dive instructor can't understand why Public Safety Diving doesn't interest me :rolleyes:

Definitely the Red River just around Lockport MB

Port of Long Beach, CA in the old U.S. Navy basin. Can you say un-exploded ordinance, oil, rusty steel, cables, PCB's.......

Actually the vis was better than it is in Fish Harbor over at the dive school in Wilmington.

i dove in a hoofprint once,actually the worst was a farm pond about 6 inches vis,lost my favorite fishing rod in there,a fish grabbed it and ran,never did find it.

We started a dive on the shallow side of our local quarry (an area we call the lagoon) one Wednesday night, and decided to surface and surface swim over to the other side because it was like diving in milk! We all descended, and could see each other slightly, I went to check my depth and couldn't see my computer in front of my face, I looked up and saw nothing else, so I ascended only to see my two dive buddies doing the same thing about 10 feet away!

That was a WOW moment!

A "zero viz" dive as part of my NAUI Advanced (OWII) certification class, in a lake in Theodore Wirth Park in Minneapolis, MN. Could read my gauges only by holding them and the light right onto my mask. Afterward my wetsuit smelled like sewage. Some of the other people in the class, this type of diving is why they got certified in the first place - the only type of diving they were interested in. They found bottles. Not for me.

A huge tank full of paint pigment. There was a wrench jamming the valve at the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom