Dirtiest water you dove in?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does snorkeling count. Our instructor required his students to swim the retention pond at devils den as part of the OW class, but then again it was a youth center dive, nothing but slimy green algae and catfish poo..... vis was good until about the first 5 kicks then it was total blackout.....

Septic tanks. Who wants to be my buddy? :D

Gary D.

Gary D.:

Gary D.

Biggest septic tank of all: Hong Kong harbor, pulling all sorts of gunk out of the sea water intakes and bumping into dead, bloated floating dogs.

diversolo:
Biggest septic tank of all: Hong Kong harbor, pulling all sorts of gunk out of the sea water intakes and bumping into dead, bloated floating dogs.

Yikes! Makes my 2 ft viz on my OW certification dives look like Hawaii! Mine was in a channel on Marco Island, FL. Kept running into piers, because I couldn't see them until it was too late. Got separated from instructor on descent, even though we were only three feet apart.

Lake Granger, Taylor TX 1990.
2 48" concrete pipes were put in when they built the lake, about 60 feet down and 300 feet out for a future public water supply. Sent one guy via crane to swim the pipe and see how much mud had creeped in, then we both searched for the raw water inlet.
An orange glow when you put your mask under the surface, 1 foot down was so black I couldn't tell if my eyes were open or not.

Gary D.:

Gary D.

Not me, but...
My best friend's son was a rescue diver until he blew out an ear.
Prior to that, he was ticked off that he was "too big" to train as a "septic tank rescue
diver." His Lt. felt he would not be able to fit through the trap door into the tank????

Necessary, but it boggles the mind....
Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom