Dirtiest Lake you have ever been in?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great thread.
My dirtiest dive was actually salt water.
Helped a friend clean the hull and check the screws and rudders on his charter boat.
All the way in the back of the Port Mansfield harbor with a stiff east wind blowing every-disgusting thing imaginable our direction.
Little worms in my hair and the stench of dead sea life and diesel.
Got slimed.
Almost puked.

putawaywet:
Great thread.
My dirtiest dive was actually salt water.
Helped a friend clean the hull and check the screws and rudders on his charter boat.
All the way in the back of the Port Mansfield harbor with a stiff east wind blowing every-disgusting thing imaginable our direction.
Little worms in my hair and the stench of dead sea life and diesel.
Got slimed.
Almost puked.

Oh boy, I remember those days. I used to work in a local marina on Lake Lavon in North East Texas just outside of Plano. I had to scrub the hulls of certain boats (patrons that paid a premium to have their boats maintained and cleaned), most of which never came out of the water. Lake Lavon is one of the dirtiest lakes around so the build-up was outrageous. The smell was aweful, especialy in the months with no rain and the water was stagnate for a while.

My worst was Braille diving back in the early 90's at Glen Rose State park in a bend in the river called The Blue Hole. Had to hold guages up to mask faceplate to see how deep we were.-(only around 21'ft)

Ray Hubbard for sure, I reset the tie-up buoys in the harbor at one of the Yacht clubs a few years back. It was definately one of those "feel your way around" jobs.

Back
Top Bottom