Dirtiest Lake you have ever been in?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lake Livingston...is BAD!

Lake Waco. Did some research diving there to determine if runoff from cows was affecting it. After coming up from each dive, I just couldn't stop spitting.

I have to agree with scubabum2. I dive a lot of lakes in the ArkLaTex area with low or no viz. Was most excited about diving Whitney. Dove at Soldier's Bluff and was totally amazed at the viz being obliterated by suspended particles of ?????. I have never seen anything like it.

As for trash, I cannot believe anything rivals Lake-o-the Pines. Our dive team dive a beach area cleanup. We used XL mesh bags to bring up the trash from the bottom of the swimming area. You could drop to bottom and fill your bag without having to move.

Ute Lake w/ 2 foot visibility

Lake Como in Fort Worth. More like Pond Como actually. Did a weapon search there. Found like 5 weapons, but not the one we were looking for. Vis was zero at two foot depth. Lots of trash and hypodermic needles etc lying around and under the water. FUN FUN FUN

Snake River, Farewell Bend Oregon. We did a clean up, no trash but the viz was the same when your eyes were open and closed. Being from Idaho we certify as "mud divers"

LAKE TRAVIS: Well, there's a nice time in the fall, where you can taste rotten eggs in your regs. Its around then when you find tons of fish dead on the bottom. And you hit it at the right time of year (right now) you get down below 50', I've seen it get to virtually nothing. I saw it at one point where there was about 3" of vis at the dam around 100'+.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom