Dirt bikes and diving? Is it possible?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That sounds correct. Motor vehicles are not covered under home owner's insurance. But the helmet and boots would be.

Liability insurance is cheap, but not comprehensive from what I found when I was shopping around. Since I only rode it on trails, it didn't make sense to pay for an insurance policy that had a $500 deductible on a loss for a bike the insurance company would value at around $1,500 or so. The chances of it being destroyed in a fire are extraordinarily low, but as I found out, it does happen. In any event, I'll probably start looking around to see what's out there.

Like everything else outdoor related, the prices of used bikes are sky high right now, so it may take a while to find a reasonably priced bike that fits me....
Get ahold of a Farmers agent. I have 6 motorcycles insured, 3 dirt bikes and 3 street bikes, including one SuperDuke. They have me through Foremost for $600/yr for all 6 bikes. Comprehensive, including up to $3000 of add-on's for each bike.

I suspect there's good riding on the island of Hawaii. A lot of remote corners on that beautiful rock.

If you're opposed to cold water (or your wife/girlfriend is), I'd stick to Florida or Hawaii. Or find a better dive buddy..... :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom