Dirt bikes and diving? Is it possible?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't find drysuits that appealing but IF was going to cold water dive it would be God's Pocket. Everyone should take the Alaska State Ferry from Washington up the inside passage in June or July, talk about a fun family trip! You can pitch your tent right on the deck or get a cabin.

GodsPocket-drone-0005.jpg

You can see a lot of wildlife and the scenery is stunning. We found they type of travelers on the ferry a lot of fun also.

Reading this thread makes me really bummed. I don't want to hijack the thread, but I lost my dirt bike a little over a month ago and it was a great little bike. 2007 Yamaha XT225 that I used for trail riding around here and it was perfect for me. I had it stored at a buddies house in his shed, which caught fire from an electrical short. It basically melted my bike from the top down. I didn't have insurance on it, so I'm going to strip it down and sell off the usable parts.

I'm still trying to decide if I want to buy another one now or wait a while. It's prime riding season in Arizona, so it was unfortunate timing for sure....

IMG-3006.jpg

IMG-4988.jpg

IMG-4985.jpg

IMG-4884.jpg

I just dont get it? MC insurance is so cheap, its prudent to buy it.

Yes, go replace it and have fun!

Liability insurance is cheap, but not comprehensive from what I found when I was shopping around. Since I only rode it on trails, it didn't make sense to pay for an insurance policy that had a $500 deductible on a loss for a bike the insurance company would value at around $1,500 or so. The chances of it being destroyed in a fire are extraordinarily low, but as I found out, it does happen. In any event, I'll probably start looking around to see what's out there.

Like everything else outdoor related, the prices of used bikes are sky high right now, so it may take a while to find a reasonably priced bike that fits me....

Liability insurance is cheap, but not comprehensive from what I found when I was shopping around. Since I only rode it on trails, it didn't make sense to pay for an insurance policy that had a $500 deductible on a loss for a bike the insurance company would value at around $1,500 or so. The chances of it being destroyed in a fire are extraordinarily low, but as I found out, it does happen. In any event, I'll probably start looking around to see what's out there.

Like everything else outdoor related, the prices of used bikes are sky high right now, so it may take a while to find a reasonably priced bike that fits me....
I have a BMW and an Aprilia factory race bike with Progressive with max coverage for under $450 for both annually...of course age, & credit score come into play..call them.

Since it was in a shed, someone's homeowner insurance might cover it. It's worth a look.

Since it was in a shed, someone's homeowner insurance might cover it. It's worth a look.

That was my first step. Travelers (his insurance) and USAA (mine) deemed it a street legal motor vehicle and is excluded from property damage, saying that motorcycle insurance is what is covered.

They did cover the aluminum loading ramps that warped and were unusable and unsellable.

Back
Top Bottom