Votes: 22 15.4%
  • No, I'm not DIR

Votes: 76 53.1%
  • I'm working towards DIR status

Votes: 45 31.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

padiscubapro once bubbled...
for me DIR means Doing it Rebreather!

DIR is Doing it Raven'sway. R

DIR Tec Diver once bubbled...
Yep, one hardcore true believer right here!! Of course I was not always this way and you always have more to learn, but DIR has not only been a God send but saved my life and countless other lives for a long time now.

DIR is so much more than equipment or brand. The heart of it rests in you attitude, willingness to admit that you are wrong and the ability to set aside pride to do things the right way. All of us were what we call strokes at one point in time. (I am talking about myself not anyone in particular so don't edit my post =) I was just like most other divers at one point, oblivious to right way to do things, invincible and a complete victim of the recreational dive industry (I even had a jacket style BCD and split fins ) God forgive me.....

David

I have no problem with DIR and will take a DIR-F class sometime this year. But you my friend, have been brainwashed by DIR. I have yet to come across anything in my 35 years of life that is as great as what you describe, and Ive got quite a few hobbies and experiences. There is nothing wrong with someone thats a REC diver wanting a jacket bc and split fins. Get over it. If they have good buoyancy and trim skills, that is far more important than what their bc or fins are.

gbrandon once bubbled...

There is nothing wrong with someone thats a REC diver wanting a jacket bc and split fins. Get over it. If they have good buoyancy and trim skills, that is far more important than what their bc or fins are.

Bwaahahaha
:D

Sorry gbrandon,

You struck my funny bone! I don't want to rehash what has already been hashed through in previous threads, more in particular the split fin threads. First you talked about taking a DIR-F course then you talked about brainwashing by DIR, then you offered up that a REC diver with good trim and buoyancy was perfectly fine diving a jacket BC and split fins. It just didn't all seem to belong in the same message. So I was laughing my butt off. I had to share that.

Didn't mean to offend anyone.

Have a great day!

CrazyC

Not offended at all. Maybe I was just being too snippy. Sorry..

Glad you weren't offended,

Sometimes I just need to laugh after a long day at work. Otherwise life gets too serious.

Have a great day

CrazyC

My buoyancy and trim were better when I was diving a jacket BC.

I'm sure it'll get better once I get the bugs worked out of the BP\Wing, but for now... I sometimes really miss my jacket BC, much like I really missed my wetsuit when I first started diving dry.

It's not impossible to have good buoyancy and trim in a jacket BC. It's not even particularly difficult to obtain. The only reason I switched was for doubles and cave diving. There are definite advantages I see to diving BP\Wing, but I still see nothing wrong with a jacket BC for the average Rec diver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom