dir or not dir

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm Canadian....

I'm ex-military.....

I'm learning to dive but I don't bash PADI, GUE, DIR, or much else...

Since you've managed to insult many things that are important to me - would you like to insult my kids at the same time just to tie it all together?

Ours or the one up north with 6 planes, 4 tanks, 3 boats and 15,772 people?

Sock puppets? Hey watch where you put that hand......

Kids..... I refuse to grow up, I'm PADI 'r us kid.......

Hey what fun is board without a little debate :)?

And actually, let me go on record as saying that I really do like the great white north. and my Canadian friends, who I have a handful of, give it back to me as good as I give it to them.... So please do not take the Canadian thing personal.

Besides no one else would let you live next door........

Originally posted by Ontario Diver
I'm Canadian....

I'm ex-military.....

Since you've managed to insult many things that are important to me - would you like to insult my kids at the same time just to tie it all together?

I agree it is the best beer in the world...I was weaned on Labatts Blue and still the only beer I will drink.....

Originally posted by Ontario Diver
I'm Canadian....

I'm ex-military.....

When did I bash the military? I do not think I did and if I did, I in no way whatsoever intended to bash the United States Armed Forces.............

I believe my only military post, before my jab at the Canadians, was when I cited a military report on Force Fins on another thread......

So if I did, I am sorry. If you mis-read something, you F'ed up, read more carefully..........

WHAT IS A STROKE ?
(written by George Irvine)

Very simply put, a "stroke" is somebody you don't want to dive with. It is somebody who will cause you problems, or not be any use to you if you have problems. Usually, this is a reflection of the attitude of a stroke, but that can be inherent in the personality of the individual, or others can teach it.

Diving is not an intuitive thing. It is not a natural thing. Natural reactions of human beings on dry land do not work underwater. To be a good diver, you have to control your natural responses, and know that they can only hurt you, not help you. A stroke cannot do that. A stroke is driven by fear, ego, and self-concern.

Originally posted by scuba_guy
WHAT IS A STROKE ?
(written by George Irvine)

Very simply put, a "stroke" is somebody you don't want to dive with. It is somebody who will cause you problems, or not be any use to you if you have problems. Usually, this is a reflection of the attitude of a stroke, but that can be inherent in the personality of the individual, or others can teach it.

Diving is not an intuitive thing. It is not a natural thing. Natural reactions of human beings on dry land do not work underwater. To be a good diver, you have to control your natural responses, and know that they can only hurt you, not help you. A stroke cannot do that. A stroke is driven by fear, ego, and self-concern.

If you are going to preach the gospel, preach it complete.....

http://www.pina.us/dive/stroke.htm

This thread has disintegrated into something like you would see on "Techdiver."

It is now time to come back to reality and act like human beings.

If things continue on their present course, I will have no choice but to edit the posts.

Thanks

Don

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom