DIR New York?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamountaingirl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Any one interested in talking about DIR diving in the tri-state area? I am a new diver but going DIR and heading towards cave and wreck. would love to have a place where others talked about their gear, experience, trials and tribulations.

if there is not interest. thats ok. i will talk to myself...LOL:D

I don't know how many DIR folks in that area we have on SB, but hopefully anybody who is will chime in here. If there are enough people, a subforum can be created like the Deep South or SoCal DIR forums (neither of which is very active, sadly).

I don't know if you have already hooked up with an instructor or a group of DIR buddies, but there are three instructors in the region: Bob Sherwood (who is rarely in NY, but his dive shop I'm sure has a bunch of DIR divers) in Vestal, NY; Ed Hayes (who teaches a pre-Fundies buoyancy class that has gotten RAVE reviews here) in Glastonbury, CT; and George Bouloukos, in Stamford, CT.

Good luck hooking up with some folks!

lynn, i met bob at Dutch Springs a few weeks ago when he was teaching fundies. He said i was "ripe" for the class having not gotten into bad habits yet...but the price is out of my range. Since i just had all my gear "taken away" i needed to reinvest on my own...so it will take a miracle and the country regrouping to get my orders back up to speed . then i would love to take his fundies.. plus all that good info that you just added that i did not know about , i will follow up on....

check out what i do. studio78online.com
its sweet but in this economy its ruff.
thank you again for moving this thread to the place it belongs. all my best. wendy

I guess I'm "pre-DIR", in that I still haven't passed Fundies, but that seems to be the direction I'm heading. I've taken Ed's classes and have done some diving with them, but Hartford is too far to go every weekend. If you want a partner for dives in beautiful Lake George, Minnewaska, or thereabouts, PM me.

as TS&M said to me this morning, its not whether or not you passed fundies, but how much you learned that counts. And i agree. I am envious that you had the pleasure and i look forward to talking and diving with you to share your knowledge. me sponge....wendy

Hi and good morning to all...In speaking to Ed Hayes yesterday, he told me about another great forum
http://ne-ue.info/
this is a place where we can all go to get the info I think we are looking for and the chat that we want...
If any one still wants to yak it up, i am always here and always curious. but check out that site. It really is the bomb.
cheers, wendy
dive safe.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom