DIR Manifold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan Gibson:
Tobin,

So what is your best guess on the potential for damage to the threads on a 200 BAR valve? BS or possibility?

Dan,

With the din plugs I have I think the potential for damage is extremely low.

OTOH, if you had din plugs where they stopped the threads further from the oring end, you might have a situation where the oring is still sealing full pressure and you have only 1 thread or less engaged. That's not a lot of brass in shear. This is just speculation.

The Gulftex plugs I have left ~2.5 threads engaged on the 200 bar valves. This should be plenty.

Tobin

Oh, goodness, no! I can't imagine even GETTING in that murky, sticky, slimy green water. I went parasailing once on Moses Lake, and every time I got dunked in the water I thought I was going to gag. I've seen too many infected wounds from that lake!

I work there, but I don't live there -- I get to dive in the Sound :)

Good. Mine are all Gulftex plugs.

cool_hardware52:
Dan,

With the din plugs I have I think the potential for damage is extremely low.

OTOH, if you had din plugs where they stopped the threads further from the oring end, you might have a situation where the oring is still sealing full pressure and you have only 1 thread or less engaged. That's not a lot of brass in shear. This is just speculation.

The Gulftex plugs I have left ~2.5 threads engaged on the 200 bar valves. This should be plenty.

Tobin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom