DIR in Poland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mania

Cousin Itt
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I justr wanted you to know that we are getting closer and closer to you guys. Yestrday I bought the first Polish edition of DIR books - JJ's "DIR. The Fundamentals of better diving". It was translated by Robert Klein. In August we will have the first DIR F classes in Poland. Will DIR rule here - I don't know - but it's becoming more and more popular.
Mania

Last edited:
It's 2004 and this agency is just now getting over to Poland? Wow! Must be real popular.

There are other classes like CMAS, PADI, NAUI that have been around for decades and are obviously successful.

saturatedhonkey:
It's 2004 and this agency is just now getting over to Poland? Wow! Must be real popular.

There are other classes like CMAS, PADI, NAUI that have been around for decades and are obviously successful.
CMAS and PADI are here for a very long time. Knowledge about DIR has its history also. It's simply the first book that was translated into Polish.
Certainly we are not the country that made the history of diving but I see no point in your way of reacting. We are neither better not worse than other European countries.
Mania
PS. BTW way - welcome to the board as I can see you are a new member. Do you always joke at others at the very beginning of the party where you don't know everybody?

Mania, Did you take the initiative to organize the class or was it someone else?

Me? No for me it's a long way to go before I'll be able to attend DIR F - still too much things to learn before. The instructor will be Andrew Georgitsis and it was orginzed by some crazy wreck divers - you can find some info here:
http://www.balticwrecks.com/en/edu.html

Mania

mania:
Me? No for me it's a long way to go before I'll be able to attend DIR F - still too much things to learn before.

niekoniecznie.. u nas w NYC od poczatku uczy sie niektorych nurkow nurkowac w sposob ktory przypomina DIR..
DIR to nie znaczy ze musisz od razu byc tech.. :wink:

just my $0.02 :dazzler1:

jacek:
niekoniecznie.. u nas w NYC od poczatku uczy sie niektorych nurkow nurkowac w sposob ktory przypomina DIR..
DIR to nie znaczy ze musisz od razu byc tech.. :wink:

just my $0.02 :dazzler1:

Czesc Jacek
Hmmm, czyzby moja obecnosc na Scubaboard zjednoczyla Polakow i osoby polskiego pochodzenia, ktorych pewnie jest sporo????
Fajnie przeczytac cos po polsku....
Wiem, ze moglabym pojsc na DIR F ale jak mam to zrobic skoro sama nurkuje od roku, a na ten kurs ida sami instruktorzy i to baaardzo zaawansowani? Co ja bym tam robila???
Pozdrowionka
Mania

I think your fingers got off the home row on your keyboard. :wink:

saturatedhonkey:

Ask most European divers (or most non-US divers for that matter) what they think of PADI and US recreational instruction in general and you might be surprised how popular some of the agencies you mention really are!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom