DIR Gear Setup Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ProMed

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking for DIR gear configuration photos. There have been a few links that I have come across in the past, but failed to bookmark them besides the GUE and WKPP sites.

All of my gear has finally arrived and I would like to start putting it all together. It is a 40lb Eclipse, 7ft hose kit, and Apeks ATX50/DS4 regs. I also have the Halcyon cam strap trim weight pockets. For those of you that have used these do you normally install them on the upper or lower tank straps?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Paul

Hi Paul,

I keep one STA rigged with a pair of Halcyon pockets on each cam band. That gives me the most versatilty with respect to moving weight around for best trim.

I think that you will have to play with your rig a bit to figure out where you want to put yours. It might turn out that it works best with one on the upper and one on the lower band so that your weight is distributed equally. OTOH, you may need to put both on the same band. It all depends on how you trim out.

However you do it, I think that they are best put all the way back against the STA...closest to the cylinder. This way they keep the weight close to the center of gravity and almost disappear between the wing and cylinder. It is also the best postion for keeping your profile small.

I can put up some picks if you like.

ProMed:
I am looking for DIR gear configuration photos. There
Try HERE.

(sorry... couldn't help it)

I'll post some pics in the Hog Forum of a Hog rig and Halcyon cam band weight pockets...I believe, with the exception of using inner tube to hold a few bolt snaps, it would pass the DIR test. As far as I know, the trim pockets would be acceptable...but you would have to ask one of the DIR folks about that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom