DIR-F Krabi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Just got back from diving with divers from the first Fundies class held in Thailand. Had a lot of fun and was glad for the opportunity to practise my skills (in the pool and diving a local island and around Phi Phi) and dive with my buddy nagonoj and GUE instructor Gideon Liew. Special thanks to Glyn and Dave at Krabi Dive Supply/One Stop Scuba Centre and Tim and Stu at Scuba Addicts for hosting us and making it all possible.

Really hoped I have been able to join it. My company is going through a big reorganization and I just have to pass it on................

Anyway, I really hope I will be able to do it soon and join you guys.

nagonoj and I are waiting for ya, wunat—it’s much nicer if it’s a three person team. The scenery above the water was very impressive in Krabi and Phi Phi but we didn’t have time for the nicer sites around Phi Phi (such as Bida Nok) and we could see a lot of damage underwater (visibility was pretty bad)—dove Aow Nui and Viking Wall. The diving itself was quite relaxed and Glyn provided EANx 32 for every dive. It was my first time diving from a speed boat; trying to eat chicken Masaman from a small plastic bag in a fast moving boat loaded with dive gear for six people, including a set of doubles for Gideon—that’s task loading! A nice bonus was seeing a pod of dolphins from the boat on the way back.

It was great diving with all you guys (Vie, Tim, Stuart & Gideon)
especially it was in the beautiful Krabi & Phi Phi Island. My big thanks to Vie a great DIR buddy in assisting me to Passing the DIRF on my second try. We will sure be diving together a lot more in the future. Hope to see you jump in soon Wunat.

It's for sure now that the DIR community will continue to grow in Thailand, Tim & Stuart are Padi instuctors and Dive shop operator "Scuba Addicts" in Krabi (their rental gears are Halcyon) with Glyn which is a Halcyon dealer in Thailand. DIR diver should feel at home in Krabi.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom