DIR-F in Anchorage, Alaska

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MHK

Reaction score
I usually don't write trip reports on this list about classes that I've taught but nonetheless I thought I'd make an exception this time. Brandon Schwartz and I just had the opportunity to teach a DIR-F class over the weekend in Anchorgae, Alaska. I have always wanted to dive Alaska and I just wanted to let everyone know that if you ever get a chance to get up to Alaska you should jump at the opportunity. We did the Friday night lecture at Dive Alaska located right in Anchorgae, see www.divealaska.net , and then we drove about 2 hours to a place called Seward. We then needed to take about an hour boat ride and set up camp. That's right gang, City boy MHK helped set up tents, camping grounds and so on. FTR, I managed to finagle a "yute" [ a motel meets a tent ].. ;-)

Anyway, the sun doesn't set until well after midnight so we were doing dives well into the evening and it was still broad daylight. The scenery was awesome and the experience was terrific. One of the students in the class was a pilot for Alaska Airlines and had her own private plane which she flew us back to Anchorage on, she was even crazy enough to give me the controls for a while. Flying 2,500' over some of the most beautiful part of our country was such an awesome experience it's very difficult to describe. If you ever get the opportunity to go up there I highly recommend it. Call Scott at www.divealaska.net and you'll be certain to have a great time.

Hope your weekend was as fun as mine.

Later

MHK:
Hope your weekend was as fun as mine.
Well it was definitely warmer!

Hey Mike,

Since you'll be at Gilboa all day Friday you could put up our tent for us, eh?? See ya there.

The Indy gang

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom