DIR-F Boston Class this summer??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JPG

Reaction score
Is anyone here enrolled in the DIR-F Boston Class this summer. The dates are June 4th - 6th. I'm thinking of enrolling as I would like to learn more about the DIR concept. If anyone has advice I would be interested in reading it. Or if there is another class being offered I would also like to hear about that too. Being new to this it's hard to know if I'm on the right track.
Thanks,
JPG

I believe the June 4th thru 6th class is full. There were some other people talking about setting up another class, but the cost seemed too high. Check over on www.thedecostop.com for more info about the DIR-F class for June, maybe someone will cancel. They have been dropping like flies...

JPG:
Is anyone here enrolled in the DIR-F Boston Class this summer. The dates are June 4th - 6th. I'm thinking of enrolling as I would like to learn more about the DIR concept. If anyone has advice I would be interested in reading it. Or if there is another class being offered I would also like to hear about that too. Being new to this it's hard to know if I'm on the right track.
Thanks,
JPG

Like Lubold said, check the other board and/or PM Soggy (on SB or TDS). I'm pretty sure our class is filled though. Our deposit was due 3/31, so there should a final list of who is in it. I know a few people having been trying set up an August course as well.

Thanks for the info guys. I figured it was probably full at this point. I would be very interested in an August class.

JPG

You may want to run it by Soggy. I think there's been about 2 or 3 that have dropped out and we've filled in from the waiting list. I don't know if he has anyone left on the list, but it doesn't hurt to tell him to call you if someone drops out.

Thanks Spectre,

I sent an email his way. Maybe I'll hear something.

If not, I can stand to dive more and work on my skills until another class comes around.

Joe

Joe,

If you are intent on taking DIRF, another option is to take it through Bob Sherwood, who is located in upsate NY. He has courses scheduled for this summer down at Dutch Springs (April & May) as well as up in the St. Lawrence River in July (5.5 hour drive from Boston). I took the course with Bob in the St. Lawrence last summer -- great instructor and great logistics up there. Bob has a summer home just minutes from the St. Lawrence complete with its own multi-gas fill station. The vis and water temps in the St. Lawrence are also great for teaching/filming.

Here is Bob's schedule for this year.

http://www.allaboutscuba.com/classes.htm

-Chris

JPG,

FYI - I think Soggy's in Mexico this week.

I would be interested but you've gotta have all the DIR gear first, right? (It's gonna take a while to get my wife to understand)

Yea, Soggy flew the coop.

You need to have:
Tanks
2 regulators, one on a 5-7 foot hose
backplate/wing
depth gauge
timer
mask/fins
cutting device
wet notes
one spool with 100+ line

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/