Dir Dvd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kriterian:
Because if it doesn't have any thing to do with the topic being discused it's needless spam. There are several manufacturer's and online sellers here but they don't pop into every thread with a link to a random product.
Completely OT but have you looked around lately? :wink: Continous links to certain shops is spam but a link to thread with a book? Get real guys :06:
I'm sorry if you, mods and other, feel that it's spam, a little paranoid isn't it? :eyebrow: Considering that it's my first link to this book beside the short review I posted in the appropriate thread. :D
I posted the link as it appeared that some people were dissatisfied with the DVD and I wanted to provide another resource of information. :wink:

Back to the discussion of the VIDEO, the video is literally a garage video so not much in the way of filmography.

I doubt HBO will be making a documentary on the filming of DIR IV.

I actually though DIR III was in some respects better just not as much information and now a little dated. The sad thing is we are all so hungry for information that we'll pay more for a video filmed in George's house than for a real blockbuster DVD.

Maybe even worse is that I'm looking forward to reviewing it again.....

Dave

aquaoren:
Completely OT but have you looked around lately? :wink: Continous links to certain shops is spam but a link to thread with a book? Get real guys :06:
I'm sorry if you, mods and other, feel that it's spam, a little paranoid isn't it? :eyebrow: Considering that it's my first link to this book beside the short review I posted in the appropriate thread. :D
I posted the link as it appeared that some people were dissatisfied with the DVD and I wanted to provide another resource of information. :wink:

Thank you, and I'm sure it is a good resource. I wasn't intending to take you to task (if that's how you took it) ... but would like to point out that there are two current threads dedicated to discussing the book, and it's been mentioned in two other recent threads in this forum (not counting this one).

I suspect those who would be so inclined have noticed ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

akscubainst:
Back to the discussion of the VIDEO, the video is literally a garage video so not much in the way of filmography.

I doubt HBO will be making a documentary on the filming of DIR IV.

I actually though DIR III was in some respects better just not as much information and now a little dated. The sad thing is we are all so hungry for information that we'll pay more for a video filmed in George's house than for a real blockbuster DVD.

Maybe even worse is that I'm looking forward to reviewing it again.....

Dave

I tried really hard to watch these DVD's, but the format proved to be rather somniferous ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
I tried really hard to watch these DVD's, but the format proved to be rather somniferous ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I've watched all the DIR 2004 DVDs and the DIR 3 mpegs...

I'm not sure where I get the stamina from...

The last 12 mins or so of the last DIR 2004 DVD is pretty cool and is actual cave diving with GI3 and JJ narrating... You gotta be pretty hungry for cave diving video to buy the set just for that though...

lamont:
I've watched all the DIR 2004 DVDs and the DIR 3 mpegs...

I'm not sure where I get the stamina from...

The last 12 mins or so of the last DIR 2004 DVD is pretty cool and is actual cave diving with GI3 and JJ narrating... You gotta be pretty hungry for cave diving video to buy the set just for that though...

I liked the last portion too, and although I was extremely interested in the DIR info on the DVD's, I fell asleep several times. :blush:

I would however immediately purchase another dvd set if it including:

- Kicking techniques (filmed on the surface and the water)
- How to adjust trim (show a badly trimmed diver and how to make him horizontal)
- Shooting a bag, running a reel
- Two discs worth of dive footage similar to the one at the end of the 2004 set.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom