DIR divers in Texas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reticentDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, I just moved to Austin, and I am looking for DIR divers in the area.

I will do my GUE-F in August. So far I am only certified to AOW+Nitrox with PADI, but most of my diving has been done with DIR people in the past and I like this style. I have a lot to learn, but I know I want to go this route for my future diving.

I did look in the sticky, but couldn't find anyone from TX...

Cheers!
Carlos

I'm in Missouri. I get to Arkansas quite a bit, but that's probably a little far for you.

Tom

If you don't find someone here, one option would be to join GUE and ask the same question on the Quest mailing list.

You might also try posting in the Swamp Divers Forum.

Austin is the home of batman. I think there is a quasi-almost DIR group in Austin but I am not aware of an active DIR community there. But, it has been a very long time since I was diving locally there.

Thanks all for the answers. I'll do as TSandM as Cave Diver suggest and post in GUE Quest and the Texas Swamp Divers to see if I find any locals.

B1gcountry: Arkansas is a long drive, but let me know the next time you go. If work allows I'll join you there.

Next planned trip is in October for a houseboat weekend on Bull Shoals Lake. My wife and I are both Fundies trained, and will be there. The rest of the boat is very not DIR, but they're fun.

Tom

Hello,

I live in DFW area and would welcome you to come diving with us some time. Myself and one of my friends have finished fundamentals and are planning a Tech 1 trip to Bonaire in October. I will be diving in Balmorhea the weekend of June 5 and 6th. Send me a PM if you are interested and I'll get you some information.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom