DIR controversy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see what you mean, being able to control the situation and not panicking. I just meant it is dumb not to be monitoring your gauges.

I really wish you would hurry and get a long hose dennis, if we are solo with solo partners. Otherwise, I am going to be very close cause I occasionally need a little air. You will get one eventually so why not before Sea Tiger? stop buying all those toys. Trust me....Do you want to be in National Geographic for photography, in a jacket and an air 2?

Diver Dennis:
I just meant it is dumb not to be monitoring your gauges.
I think most people would agree with that.

Diver Dennis:
Jeff, they are having a fundies class in Saskatoon in September.
Really? Interesting. Didn't hear that. (and Dan McKay was just in Edmonton)

My buddy had a strange OOG. For some reason, he chewed through his mouthpiece on his reg and when he pulled his octo from his Dive Rite thingy, that mouthpiece went sailing off too. He had gas but no means to breathe it. Of course I witnessed the entire incident and it didn't become an emergency, but just think if he had been without a buddy? He would have been OOG and would have either gone to a stranger or done a CESA because both of his regs were dysfunctional. You have to be prepared for the things you can't plan. And that one was really strange!

Diver Dennis:
I'm not sure who is teaching it but Justin from the Diving Center was telling me about it today. Is your LDS Aqua ...? I forget the name.
Aquasports (out of Calgary). Dan would be the only logical choice, but who knows...it could be anyone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom