DIR controversy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheRedHead:
Mudchick is too new to be a troll. If a certain little fishie had posted, I think it would have gone straight to Jep's Bridge.
oh ... I wasn't thinking of anyone in particular (not that I'd admit to anyway) ... there are no trolls here ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

bjpell, if you miss the emails you can always join us in VI. Even Stephen Ash might be able to stoop that low. :rofl2:

Mike Veitch:
This thread got a lot more interesting after i left... i feel hurt...

I'm sure that's just a coincidence.

grazie42:
Life on SB if members didn´t beat dead horses:

-Post in introductions and greets
-Participate in 1 "what is DIR-thread"
-Ask about Air2, BWOD, BP/W, Longhose, Snorkel, Split-fins, Computers, Pony, Doubles, SMB´s and cameras (I intentionally left some out so you could pick on something)
-Ask about Deep Air, wreckdiving, cavediving, dirf, dm education
-Participate in 1 agency bashing slug-fest (besides the 1st one) for each other agency on earth.
-Discuss buddy-system (usually in conjunction with complaint about others not following it...)
-Solo-diving (because it came up in the previous thread)
-Ask if the safetystop is mandatory and if it´s enough (usually in conjuntion with having missed one)
-Ask someone to "name that critter"

-During the course of all of the above have on avg. 15 run inns with mods either directly or in the whine & cheeze-forum

-Say thank you and good bye!

I think that about covers it...of course I´m confident someone feels differently about it...I´m also pretty sure that someone took offense at what I wrote above...some may even post about it :D

I haven't been on this board very long but it seems to me that what you may have a certain amount of truth to it. New people will come into the board and have questions that have been asked before (incl. me). If you don't want to read about dead horses, don't. This stuff is new to some people.

I'm not 100% sure what trolling is but by inference I gather that it is posing questions/problems for the sake of making trouble. I guarantee that is NOT why I originally posed the question. Believe me or not.

Dare I ask any more questions for fear of it having been asked before?

Back
Top Bottom