DIR controversy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hank49:
This is like 3 or 4 pages now where nobody was pissed off. This could be a record in the making....

i'm pissed off... i'm just not whining about it

Hank49:
This is like 3 or 4 pages now where nobody was pissed off. This could be a record in the making....
Shhhhhhh ... I think the dog is asleep ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Hank49:

i'm doing my best to try to lob handgrenades...

lamont:

zzzzzzz zzzzzz,...huh? Oh, no, nuke em Lamont...no mercy.

:blush:

lamont:
the terminology only leads to misunderstandings and conflict in your mind. its very clear in my mind. i'm doing it right. whatever you think i think you're doing is your own problem. fix it yourself, you don't need my help.

I think you missed my point. I didn't say I don't understand or that I have any gripe with DIR. I was only saying that people who aren't initiated in the DIR philosophy could get the (usually mistaken) impression that the name implies a feeling of superiority. I was only trying to explain why there are misunderstandings between the two schools of thought, and you seem to take it as some sort of attack, which was never implied in any way.

Let's not forget that this is the new divers' forum and this thread began with a question from a new member who wanted to know why the issue is controversial. I was only giving my two cents worth on why this might be, not criticizing or espousing either side.

lamont:

Baaad Lamont ... :whack: ... no kibbles for you tonight ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

George feels superior, trust me, George feels superior.

Hey, does anyone know the origin of the term "stroke"?

I suspect you are right.

Interesting, at least in surgeons, arrogance is almost always an indication of underlying insecurity . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom