DIR and Solo Diving, Incompatible?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I saw the pictures and forgot what the topic was about......

Arnaud:
Lamont, you're welcome to borrow whatever you want from the DIR approach. However, you can't be "3/4 of the way of becoming DIR". It would amount to being 3/4 of the way pregnant.

I don't beleive it! Your logic must be flawed!

If being... 3/4 DIR = 3/4 pregnant...

then being... all DIR = all pregnant

because...

DIR = (3/4)/(3/4) pregnant...thus...DIR = 1 pregnant

I think you're going to make people mad talking that way.

Charlie99:
Talking what way? You're the one calling all DIR divers pregnant! :chicken:

Oh great. Now we're back to Pina again..... :sappy:

Charlie99:
Talking what way? You're the one calling all DIR divers pregnant! :chicken:

I did not. I just rearanged the equation that Arnaud claimed was true.

Arnaud:
I'm still not sure we're talking about the same thing :D
Someone is "on the ball"

If one could be 3/4 pregnant, one could theoretically be 3/4 DIR. As one cannot be 3/4 pregnant, following the same logic, one cannot be 3/4 DIR either. However: (i) being pregnant has nothing to do with DIR (except for the fact that my better half is to give birth in 2 months), and (ii) you know exactly what I mean

:biggrin:

Arnaud:
If one could be 3/4 pregnant, one could theoretically be 3/4 DIR. As one cannot be 3/4 pregnant, following the same logic, one cannot be 3/4 DIR either. However: (i) being pregnant has nothing to do with DIR (except for the fact that my better half is to give birth in 2 months), and (ii) you know exactly what I mean

:biggrin:

Congrats!
Well now we know why you associated the two. You're probably associating being pregnant with just about everything about now.

When I went through it there wan't any such thing as DIR I don't think.

Arnaud:
If one could be 3/4 pregnant, one could theoretically be 3/4 DIR. As one cannot be 3/4 pregnant, following the same logic, one cannot be 3/4 DIR either.
Would a PADI OW diver that followed 3/4's of the DIR program be a "safer" or "better" diver IYHO than one that did not follow any of that program's different teachings? They may not be able to walk around saying they are a DIR diver but that does not make a difference (unless, of course, they get a better discount at Walmart's).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom