DIN/Yoke valve question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cstreu1026

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I recently aquired a Faber LP108 that has a vavlve that cae used as either a DIN or Yoke. My question is that If I am using the yoke adapter do I want to use some sort of silicone or cristo lube on it?

Do you mean on the threads, or on the oring? Actually, it doesnt matter, the answer is a big NO!!!!!!!!

Keep the threads clean, and you shouldnt have any issues...

Treu,
over time, the yoke screw will appear roughened (whitish green) due to salt and corrosion. It is only slightly visible to the human eye but will cause the screw to become stubborn when removed, especially if tightened down firmly. Remove the screw and brush off any crud from the screw and internal thread. Wipe off with alcohol. Apply a coating of silicone grease. This should be repeated every few months. When the yoke is used on tanks which are pressurized to 3000 psi or more it is crucial to tighten the screw firmly and the friction problem may be more noticeable. However, a slightly lighter touch might be OK for sealing on your tanks. If you don't experience any problems you can forego the grease for awhile.

There is a possibility that the yoke plug used in the DIN valve could freeze in place. That would only occur if left in place for many years. If you are concerned about it use a bit of Krytox of Cristolube on the threads. However, I believe it to be unnecessary.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom