din to yoke?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bobby-in-mass

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Im now using a beuchart vx10 1st stage (yoke)
with an alumn 80 tank
I use lots of air and need bigger tank, all the steel tanks 100 cu or up use din valves.
can I change my 1st stage over?
will my reg (beuchart vx evolution) handle the hp?
any help?

bobby-in-mass:
with an alumn 80 tank
I use lots of air and need bigger tank, all the steel tanks 100 cu or up use din valves.
any help?

Your LDS should be able to remove the yoke and replace it with a DIN. Cost will probably run you about $50.

R..

Actually they don't, most of the newer 3442 psi steels usually come with combo DIN/yoke valves. So while switching to DIN on the reg is still probably a good idea, it may not be necessary.

bobby-in-mass:
all the steel tanks 100 cu or up use din valves.

bobby-in-mass:
with an alumn 80 tank
any help?

How about a LP, low pressure 2640 steel tank. I have HP steel with DIN and I always have a problem getting tanks filled to 4000. By the time they cool they're sitting on 3500.

A low pressure 95 or 120 would give you 25 to 50 percent more air than a standard 80 and you don't have to fool with the conversions.

Not all steel HP tanks require 4000 psi for a full fill. My HP steel only needs 3500 PSI for it's rated fill, it's a 300 bar din hookup however.

My thought is to go with the DIN because it's a better connection anyway, and go with an HP steel tank. Much better than the LP steels due to weight concerns vs air capacity.

I perfer the lp tank. You can alwas get 2400 or 2650 lbs, Sometimes a little more. I would go with the din valve with a adapter as you well probly have both reg hookups. As fare as size and waight, There is not that wuch defernts. You pick up tank waight but lose disposable waights.
Note, Do not let the cubic Ft get out of line. Most divers do not need 120 or 135 qu.ft. of air. It well out last you MBT and RN.
Most of your buddys well be out of air befor you and you well wast money felling that large tank. I think that the [108 st lp[ is perfect.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom