DIN to yoke adapter or conversion kit.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rfwoodvt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Morning all,

Just picked up a Zeagle Flathead IV that has a DIN connector. Everything else I have is Yoke. I see adapters all over the place at fair pricing but am not seeing an abundance of conversion kits.

I'm leaning towards just getting an adapter to remain flexible. Aside from consistency in gear, any other reasons to go with a conversion kit vs adapter?

Thanks for your insight!

I had a mix of yoke and DIN tanks for a while. When I dove the yoke tanks, I used the adapter. No issues at all. The adapter does put the regulator closer to your head when compared with a yoke reg, but I never had any issues with my Zeagle DS-V or Flathead 7.

Flathead IV (4)? How old is that? Was that from when Apeks was making the Zeagle regulators? Can you post some pics?

If it is an Apeks era Zeagle, you may have issues getting service kits. Zeagle was unable to source the Apeks kits from Apeks after Zeagle stopped being the US distributor and started making their own.

I was about to mention the same issue as that's why I got rid of my old zeagles, I've also used an adapter without issue

Do you mean Flathead VI?
They are easy to switch from din to yoke but you generally need to find a used reg with the parts you want, I have a FH VI in yoke which I have no need for since everything i use Is din.

Yes, it's a flathead VI. My fat fingers betrayed me once again.

Lexvil, How much do you want for that flat head including shipping to 05446?

Lexvil, How much do you want for that flat head including shipping to 05446?
Pm sent

If it is an Apeks era Zeagle, you may have issues getting service kits. Zeagle was unable to source the Apeks kits from Apeks after Zeagle stopped being the US distributor and started making their own.

Any Aqua Lung dealer can source Apeks Kits. They are all the same for Apeks/Zeagle's. I have 25 year old Zeagles and brand new Apeks. No difference.

That’s good. In that case, service will be no issue at any Zeagle dealer. Even though it’s a few years older, all the Zeagle-made Zeagles use the same service kits.

One thing to note, after Huish bought Zeagle and Atomic, there was an upgrade available for the second stages. IIRC, it incorporated some Atomic developments to the Zeagle line. I had my LDS install the upgrade on my regulators. My FH7 already had the upgrade from the factory, but my DS-V didn’t, so they installed during service. Was fairly cheap.

I'm not familiar with the Flathead VI, but I have the Zeagle Enjoy. It came set up for yoke, but when I started using DIN tanks, I purchased the DIN assembly parts. It takes less than five minutes to switch the reg between yoke and DIN, including searching around for the appropriate wrench.

Take a look and see if this would work for you.

A yoke adapter stresses my forward routed inflator hose against the backplate when run in the normal singles orientation (5th port aimed at right hip) at a height that allows me to easily reach the valve. I haven't spent much time trying to work it out, so just an observation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom