Din or Yoke what do you use and why

What do U use ?

• DIN

Votes: 65 71.4%
  • YOKE

Votes: 32 35.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use DIN. Why? Much because of my location in northern europe as DIN is more common than yoke here for some reason.. Might be because DIN is an abbreviation :p
Its also no more than a minor hassle to use a yoke adapter when I need to plug onto a yoke tank

I just switched to DIN and a yoke adapter.

In case anybody ‘knows’ who my LDS is; I had nothing pushed on me. I appreciate the difficulty a responsible shop has judging when stressing make informed decisions becomes information overload. :D
I think I read you as saying you do go the extra mile and my addendum was unnecessary.

I don't believe any comment is unnecessary :lotsalove:
Keep them comming :D

Our regs go both ways so we have all of the parts for that. However, I do have DIN-to-Yoke adapters which are used on the whip.

Din, because it is superior in every respect.
Never an o-ring problem, bullet proof if banged/bumped, more streamlined. And a bit of fallacy that if you travel you may have a problem. Most shops/dive ops have din tanks if you request them ahead of time.

DIN all around with a DIN-to-yoke adapter for use with the rare tank with a yoke valve. DIN offers a superior connection in every possible way. End of story. All of my tanks are DIN. Four 200 bar DIN/K (2 AL80s, AL30, AL40) and my doubles manifold (X7-100s) is 300 bar DIN. Another reason is that with the adapter, I can dive any tank I'll run into. Simply can't say that with a Yoke reg.

My singles regs are yoke, because a) I bought them right after OW, and bought yoke regs, and b) most of my single tank diving is travel, and most travel places seem to have yoke tanks.

My doubles regs are DIN, because it's harder to dislodge DIN first stages if you hit them on something (like the roof of the cave), and because the o-ring may be a little more secure in a DIN connection. A lot of technical and cave divers use DIN connectors for similar reasons.

Wait a second! That's what I was going to say.

Back
Top Bottom