Din or Yoke what do you use and why

What do U use ?

• DIN

Votes: 65 71.4%
  • YOKE

Votes: 32 35.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After reading some threads on din/yoke adaptors it got me wondering what are SB divers using.
1 DIN regulator and same (Atomic) yoke adapter. Since you are a shop I’ll offer a bit more relative.
Even as a noob when purchasing I was inclined to DIN but for several reasons choose Yoke. I was told some of how tanks and regulator are related vs. independent choices. But I sure didn’t understand it and I wish I’d bothered them more and comprehended it (my fault, not theirs.) Had I known what I was forced to learn later, I would have chosen DIN (able to convert to Yoke.)

It is not a big deal, but was I a ‘shop’ now and speaking to me then, I would be more attentive. They had ample evidence I was not inclined to any ‘one size fits all’ equipment configuration and receptive to the bigger picture. ‘You should know’ and ‘you understand…don’t you?’ are triggers that override my thinking I’m already being enough of a PITA customer.

DIN - No real reason to use yoke. I have adapters for resort diving.

It is not a big deal, but was I a ‘shop’ now and speaking to me then, I would be more attentive. They had ample evidence I was not inclined to any ‘one size fits all’ equipment configuration and receptive to the bigger picture. ‘You should know’ and ‘you understand…don’t you?’ are triggers that override my thinking I’m already being enough of a PITA customer.

This might just be the reason we sell mostly Din.:D
But you do have a very good point here.Selling divegear should be more then pushing around boxes.

I have both Din and Yoke.
I have a Yoke on my Sherwood Oasis. ( Warm water Vacation reg.)
I have Din on my ScubaPro regs. ( Cold water Home regs)
I rather dive a Din, because the o-ring it not going to blow out as easily as it would
on a yoke valve.
Also I feel more comfortable with the din connection vs. a yoke.
Jim Breslin

One first stage is yoke for travel, everything else is DIN.

i have a dive rite that has a din with yoke conversion. my girlfriend's set is yoke but her next set will be din. you can do searches online and find several reasons for the great din vs. yoke debate.

This might just be the reason we sell mostly Din.:D
But you do have a very good point here.Selling divegear should be more then pushing around boxes.
In case anybody ‘knows’ who my LDS is; I had nothing pushed on me. I appreciate the difficulty a responsible shop has judging when stressing make informed decisions becomes information overload. :D
I think I read you as saying you do go the extra mile and my addendum was unnecessary.

One yoke for pool. Everything else is DIN. BUt if needed for travel I'll convert one to Yoke. Takes all of 3 minutes. All my tanks though are DIN except for the 72's with 1/2 inch pipe thread valves. Even my singles are DIN. More secure and better all the way round.

I use DIN. We made the switch when my wife started diving HP100's for tanks. I've since moved on to doubles and bought a complete regulator setup for them in DIN. I still have yoke adapters for our singles regs that we use only when traveling.

Shane

My to first stages are DIN with a single yoke adapter. My tanks are DIN with Yoke adapters. That means I can go anywhere, anytime.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom