din or yoke in cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the sharkman

Contributor
Reaction score
My first stage is yoke. Am I going to need an adapter, or are there yoke tanks available? I understand that cozumel dive shops mostly carry Din. (I will most likely by using dive paradise, but may use another).
thanx

I recommend bring the adaptor, you will never be too careful or prepared. I have been able to use din while in Playa del Carmen and when I was in Coz we used the adaptor. We were diving with Dive Paradise at that time.

Hi!

Whilst diving on Coz--too many times to count because it is my favorite diving in North America--I have always used a yoke. In fact, the only DIN I have ever seen have been on the backs of a few Continental chaps: and they brought their own adapters.

So, if I understood your question, just bring your "normal", vanilla, no-bells-or-whistles reg and enjoy some of the best diving it will ever be your priviledge to experience.

And, between dive days, if you want a treat, go to Guido's Restaurant on the main street, far to the north. Absolutely wonderful food!

Scorpionfish

Nearly all shops on Coz use yoke. DINs will mostly be found only at the very few, elite shops that can provide tanks larger than the standard AL80s, such as Aldora (they supply adapters if needed), Deep Blue (ditto) & Living Underwater.

To the best of my knowledge, Dive Paradise uses yoke as their standard fitting. Can always e-mail to be certain -- info@diveparadise.com

Been going to Coz for over 20 years. Even with all of the, to my mind, despoiling development, it's still wonderful.

Have fun.

DocVikingo

DocVikingo once bubbled...

Been going to Coz for over 20 years. Even with all of the, to my mind, despoiling development, it's still wonderful.

DocVikingo

Yep, Doc,

Sometimes I think the definition of "wonderful" is a couple of weeks of diving on Cozumel! I found it somewhat depressing when the new pier was put in and 4 or 5 cruise ships would pull up for the day, disgorging the latest version of Coronado's Children. However, when the sun is nearing the western horizon, they all seem to head for their homes afloat and Cozumel is, once again, the realm of those who love to breathe through hoses.

Scopionfish

Back
Top Bottom