DIN Dust Cap?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tokillamurderer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey everyone, I'm curious what you all use for a dust cap on your DIN 1st stages. The ones that came with my Apeks DSTs have no lanyards, so I added them, but there are no swivels on the dust caps, so screwing them on just twists the lanyards (which I made short so they wouldn't get tangled in other gear while diving), which makes them difficult to put on.

My real question is: does anyone know if they make DIN 1st stage threaded dust caps with swivels for the lanyards?

Also, does anyone have any experience with the rubber slip on dust caps and how well they keep water out of the 1st stages while dunking them in fresh water to clean them?

Thanks!

"They don't need to go with you" isn't quite helpful. Just like the caps for the valves are tied off on the valves, and yoke caps are tied off to their respective orifices, I want my DIN caps tied off to their regulators, not somewhere else where I DON'T need them to be. Regardless if keeping an accessory with the item it goes to makes sense to you or not, it does to me, so I'm looking for a better method of tieing them off.

All of my regulators yoke/DIN and tank valve caps stay on shore.

If you tie it off to the regulator, it'll be wet when you surface and you have to deal with drying it off before you put it on. It's considerably deeper than a yolk cap so ensuring that there's no water in there is harder. I just tie mine off on my dive bag after I assemble my gear and I know right where it is when I take the reg off.

A bit of extra, albeit unnecessary with regard to my original question, information: my DIN regs are on a doubles setup. They stay connected to the tank valves on that doubles setup until everything is home and ready to be rinsed, hours later. Having water inside the dust cap while diving is a nonissue. Again, I'm asking if anyone knows of any DIN dust caps with swivels for the lanyards. Thanks for your help.

Give the cap the opposite spin before putting them on the reg. (The rotation onto the reg undoes the pre-spin.)

just put a swiwel on ypur
bit of extra, albeit unnecessary with regard to my original question, information: my DIN regs are on a doubles setup. They stay connected to the tank valves on that doubles setup until everything is home and ready to be rinsed, hours later. Having water inside the dust cap while diving is a nonissue. Again, I'm asking if anyone knows of any DIN dust caps with swivels for the lanyards. Thanks for your help.
just put this swivel on the lanyards:

Back
Top Bottom