Difficult post for me to write.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MS is a terrible, debilitating disease.

Edit- thanks to another member who pointed out my error.

Both MS and Muscular Dystrophy are debilitating diseases..unfortunately Muscular Dystrophy is not nearly as treatable.

Stories like this make you feel lucky for what you DO have.

Well, some great new breakthroughs and medications for MS available nowadays. Not sure how much they can help in this situation but hey you never know.

Hang in there man.

Muscular dystrophies are indeed tough. I work with the MDA. Fantastic organization.

I hope that you will soon find the feeding tube to be a gift of sorts, we did when my 11year old nephew got his. They take the work out of providing adequate nutrition so that energy can be used for other things. Like going on cruises. And in some cases they may also eliminate the danger inherent in oral feedings.

There is a treatment for one form of Muscular Dystrophy, others will follow. Keep the faith...

My wife and I will keep you both in our thoughts. Send me a pm with your mailing address, we will get some cards in the mail!!

my son's g-tube wasn't much of a problem - i wish you as well or better with hers. :)

feel better soon, denise!

We all here will keep you in our thoughts and I think it would be great to give her some love from all of us here! Cards can be so uplifting and there is nothing like positive energy to help you through the hard times!

Carolyn:shark2:

Jim,

So sorry to hear that. You and your wife will be in my thoughts. Hopefully she will have a speedy recovery from the double pneumonia.

Wishing your wife and you the very best. Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Back
Top Bottom