Different wing on express tech?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi Scott, I'm interested in the express tech (especially after all the great reviews!) but I'm concerned that the 24lb wing won't provide enough lift for dives with a thick wetsuit and the weight that goes with it. In another thread you mentioned a 35lb wing that would fit the express tech, but I wasn't sure if you meant that the 35lb wing could be substituted for the standard one or just that if you needed a bigger wing it was possible to attach one. I'm trying to outfit myself on a budget and was hoping that it would be possible to order the express tech with the 35 lb wing through my diveshop. Seemed easiest to ask here first! Thanks.

Last edited:
The Express Tech BC comes standard with a 24 lb bladder - the same "heavy duty, single bag" style as we use on the Stiletto BC. If 24 lbs is not enough lift for you, you can order one with a 35lb or a 44lb bladder of the same style....there is just a very slight upcharge.

Thanks,

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom