Differences: W-20 v. UWL-100 v. DCL-20 wide angle conversion lenses?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nemrod: Since it's a one piece unit with the lens, I assume that I can remove the lens from the housing UW along with the dome. Is that correct?? The lens is a 67 mm screw.

I have lens caddies on my strobe arms for my WA and marco lens. If this is correct, I may have to move my caddy to give me more space for the dome.

TIA.

Yes, you are correct, however, the Inon 100WAL plus dome is a large, heavy device being as it is actual glass and metal. I would prefer, myself, not to drop 700 dollars into the deep blue fiddling with 67mm threads, but, yes, you can take it on and off as an assembly (lens plus dome) underwater.

N

Yes, you are correct, however, the Inon 100WAL plus dome is a large, heavy device being as it is actual glass and metal. I would prefer, myself, not to drop 700 dollars into the deep blue fiddling with 67mm threads, but, yes, you can take it on and off as an assembly (lens plus dome) underwater.

N
I second that. I think I would rather tow another macro rig around than try to remove and store the 100-WAL + Dome combination. I find that once I have my 100-WAL on, I just leave it there for the dive.

Nemrod/Under Water

Thanks for the info. Given the size, I'll probably leave it on for the dive as well. I just wanted to insure that I understood how it was assembled and the options UW.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom