Differences between Poseidon 2960 and 3960?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yukoneer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My father just acquired 2 poseidon odin's with their own first stages... he plans to put them together into 1 first stage and sell off the extra first stage.

What is the difference between Poseidon 2960 and 3960 first stages? Which is newer? which is better?

my dad will be diving mostly in florida waters, in springs and the oceans... nothing extremely cold.

hoping to see if there's a poseidon expert that might miss this thread...

the newer is the 3960, not sure of the exact difference between the two besides looks, i have a 3960 on the right post and a 2960 on the left

Both 2960 and 3960 refer to a regulator set. 2960 consists of either the 2962 or 3580 first stage and the 2961 or 3546 second stage. 3960 refers to the 3790 or 3790-10 first stage and the same second stages. The 2000 series first stages do not have a "safety valve" while the 3000 series do. Otherwise, they're both the same (balanced diaphragm). The balancing is done a little diferently, and the 2000 series is a little harder to work on (in my opinion). The safety valve is in there on the newer 3000 series because the Jetstream second stage is an upstream valve, but the hose iteslf acts as a safety valve also. On the bench, they both perform the same.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom