Difference between tank vis ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So after coming back home from work I took another look at the sticker and it clearly states "O2 Safe " , they technician punched it out on the sticker.

Unfortunately that section is in Hebrew but nonetheless it clearly states the tank had been 02 cleaned.

"TANK and Valve have been Cleaned "
"Safe for O2 use "

Is what's written in Hebrew, word per word. No mentions of how high the % of O2 can be .

The VIP also costed me about 30-40% more than most places so Im starting to think they do that automatically when you ask for a VIP.

I'm starting to think this is another one of the stupid local regulations that we have around here, from a quick chat I had with an owner he said the organizations all follow the same standards and this problem is mostly local ‍

BGLVvkW

20190807-001319

As far as reliability for the DC I had it VIP , it's one of the best in the country and follows some very strict regulations . I dont think a single diver around here hasn't heard about that club.

On an unrelated note - the owner of that DC recently managed to go 420FT (With my former instructor) using a CCR and a 2nd CCR on "hold" as backup.
"Gone are the days where you have to carry 5-6 tanks as spare "

Perhaps it was not a tank issue, did you present a card to the filling station thy said you were qualified to use mixes over 21% ? Just a thought. My local shops never check mine because they KNOW me, when I travel it’s a different situation. Just a thought!

They knew me as it's the DC I go to regularly when I'm in the Red sea .

Also they had no problem renting me a nitrox tank of their own , just compressing mine was an issue.

Back
Top Bottom