Did you notice the name change?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Prarie Oysters up here in Canada.

And can I officially object to the new name because it excludes the rest of the Rocky Mountains to the north?

And can I officially object to the new name because it excludes the rest of the Rocky Mountains to the north?

Actually, the name change does not exclude your area. Nothing has changed about the geographical region. I think the assumption is that this region is for the United States, and your regional forum would be the Western Canada forum. You are more than welcome to participate here if you wish.

Actually, the name change does not exclude your area. Nothing has changed about the geographical region. I think the assumption is that this region is for the United States, and your regional forum would be the Western Canada forum. You are more than welcome to participate here if you wish.

Was just being a bit of a smart***, I really don't care what the name is, its pretty clear who the forum is for in the subtext " Home of the Rocky Mountain Oysters. Divers with an Altitude! This includes Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming." It would be pretty dumb of me to try and hijack your forum. Enjoy the new name. Have fun and dive safe!

Was just being a bit of a smart***, I really don't care what the name is, its pretty clear who the forum is for in the subtext " Home of the Rocky Mountain Oysters. Divers with an Altitude! This includes Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming." It would be pretty dumb of me to try and hijack your forum. Enjoy the new name. Have fun and dive safe!

I am sure we can make you an honorary member regardless. Just remember, the induction ceremony includes eating one of the tasty treats :D

Yeah, who did change the name and why...?

Thanks, makes sense.

For the lazy ones who want a summary rather than follow the link.

1) Search Engine Optimization is enhanced with sensible URL names
2) Easier for visitors to find the correct forum and less confusion with club names.
Blah! :mad: Forget character, just look good for the masses.

What a nice reminder. It is interesting to see how many names are still with us but sad to see how many have gone away. It is also interesting that 30% of that original 10 members went on to become moderators.

That was a nice reminder, and a little trip down memory lane! I had forgotten that I was the first to second your motion to form a regional club.

To the point... RMO was a fun and funny name, but RMR is just fine. It's about time to have a picnic or something. I have plans for BH, Oct 20-22. Anyone else?

Back
Top Bottom