Did you know this about JetBlue??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For the record Jet Blue is not unique on this... just like you can bring a sandwich or pretty much any food item, you can also bring any beverage (alcoholic or not) on most of the airlines. I figure if you decide to consume items with extreme smell, spill things around or generally be a nuisance then you'll have issues. Other than that the air crew has enough to worry about to bother with someone having a drink while minding their own business.
Now to get through US security you can't bring liquids in containers bigger than 3 oz but that's another story.

I don't know of any other USA based airlines that will let you BYOB on the plane. Sandwiches, snacks and non-alcoholic beverages - yes. Booze - no. I would say no to wine and beer, but who wants to carry those in 3 oz containers. Also, I believe JetBlue requires the booze to be in unopened containers.

Bunch of old maids here....lol! Vacations are for Tequila!

Besides, you can't take enough liquids through TSA to catch the slightest buzz domestically!

I've gotten so far away from alcohol, maybe a tropical drink here or there when on vacation otherwise nothing. Why risk the adverse health effects? Just to "catch a buzz"?

No thanks I enjoy my vacations plenty without the mind altering and body damaging effects of any sort of drugs.

Good to know for friends, thanks for sharing. My friends aren't the types to get rowdy though, they're not drunk idiots. Especially on a plane, where you might even get kicked off just for yelling at the noisy demon children next to you who's ****** parents don't keep them under control, lol!

I'm Straight Edge now, two decades of heavy drinking party years are long past.

Last edited:
I don't know of any other USA based airlines that will let you BYOB on the plane. Sandwiches, snacks and non-alcoholic beverages - yes. Booze - no. I would say no to wine and beer, but who wants to carry those in 3 oz containers. Also, I believe JetBlue requires the booze to be in unopened containers.

Maybe I've been ignored. Until last year (for over 10 years) I travelled heavily from the FL panhandle, so mainly Delta. I lost count of the times I've added vodka to whatever juice they had available for any afternoon flights and for the morning flights it was Bailys on the coffee.

I got funny looks in some flights outside the US but I think it was more envy or amusement, not once I've been told to stop or have my little bottle taken away.

Then again, I've never asked if I was allowed to do it.

JetBlue allows you to drink your own alcohol on their flights. How awesome is that?? Now..., if I can get them to fly to Bonaire from ATL.

Bet you didn't know JetBlue flights are BYOB
Good idea. Last time I flew to Cozumel, we got some cheap upgrades to business class on American. It included booze on the plane. If you're leaving from the US, you'll probably be limited by TSA's security theater featuring limited liquids. Maybe there is a shop on the airside that sells bottles?

My wife carries 5 hour energy bottles filled with tequila! Gotta love her for this alone :)

FAA rules state that only “the certificate holder operating the airline” is allowed to open and serve alcoholic beverages on board. If a passenger wants a drink of their own alcohol on a JetBlue flight, they must ask a flight attendant to serve them.

Yeah, like some pissed off, tired flight attendant is gonna go out of her way to look up this obscure company policy after you tell her to open up one of your little bottles of Titos that she just assumed you stole from her cart.

Last edited:
Good idea. Last time I flew to Cozumel, we got some cheap upgrades to business class on American. It included booze on the plane. If you're leaving from the US, you'll probably be limited by TSA's security theater featuring limited liquids. Maybe there is a shop on the airside that sells bottles?

You're exactly right. If you put your other liquids in a checked bag, then you can fill your quart size bag with nip bottles. To me, this is overkill, but to each their own. I would just like to bring about four or five little bottles. I think I could fit that with my other stuff pretty easily.

Buy a bottle or three of some good aged 10 year old rum or ???? at those duty free airport stores, then sit back at home with your excellent liquor purchases and unwind the right and safe way. It's also a great way to empty out your wallet before departure. Bottoms Up Y'all

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom