Did you know this about JetBlue??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JetBlue allows you to drink your own alcohol on their flights. How awesome is that??

I never get why people need to drink alcohol when they travel. Especially during a dive trip. Every survival book you read says that when you travel on a plane you should be prepared for an accident to increase your odds of getting out alive, which includes a) not consuming alcohol and b) wearing footwear that allows you to make a fast exit possibly over burning wreckage. Also you're going to be DIVING and we know booze and diving increase the odds of getting bent. So why do it?

Last edited:
I never get why people need to drink alcohol when they travel. Especially during a dive trip. Every survival book you read says that when you travel on a plan you should be prepared for an accident to increase your odds of getting out alive, which includes a) not consuming alcohol and b) wearing footwear that allows you to make a fast exist possibly over burning wreckage. Also you're going to be DIVING and we know booze and diving increase the odds of getting bent. So why do it?

Because I like alcohol.

Because I like alcohol.

I like it too, but by the time you get where you're going, the thrill is gone, you're already getting a little hung-over, and you have to do a bunch of stuff.

Last edited:
I prefer the Oxyc.....oh, nevermind.

Last edited:
I like it too, but by the time you get where you're going, the thrill is gone, you're already getting a little hung-over, and you have to do a bunch of stuff.

First, I rarely get hangovers. Second, I only have to get my bag, go through customs and then get to my hotel. Not too difficult. Third, I'm not getting smashed on three or four drinks over three or four hours. By my weight, I'm not even getting legally drunk in the USA (other countries have different laws, of course). And, I'm saving money that I can spend on other stuff - like a checked bag.

For the record Jet Blue is not unique on this... just like you can bring a sandwich or pretty much any food item, you can also bring any beverage (alcoholic or not) on most of the airlines. I figure if you decide to consume items with extreme smell, spill things around or generally be a nuisance then you'll have issues. Other than that the air crew has enough to worry about to bother with someone having a drink while minding their own business.
Now to get through US security you can't bring liquids in containers bigger than 3 oz but that's another story.

Bunch of old maids here....lol! Vacations are for Tequila!

Besides, you can't take enough liquids through TSA to catch the slightest buzz domestically!

Back
Top Bottom