Did Venice beach dive today 8/15.. and the storm..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Opps sorry bout that. I knew when I wrote Brian, I at least had the "B" correct. Sorry Brent.

Here's the small Meg... This is before I cleaned it up.. The 3 spots on the left side and the one spot in the upper right inside the dark stripe were easily removed by scratching with finger nail... And Scuba_Jenny, no problem - happens all the time.. :wink:

Nice. Maybe one day I will get one.

No, I didn't notice anything unusual about the fish. There were a lot of them for VB, but I've had them come up and pick at the sand I stir up when picking up teeth. There were more species than usual, though.

Earlier this summer, I had a 1" sheepshead hang just out of view of my mask for most of the dive. It was too cute. I'd see a movement through the skirt of my mask, and lift my head quickly and there he'd be - a couple of inches from me. He'd get this startled look and then swim up to the top of my head again. :)

Hey Jen, its a well known fact that those of us who dive there often very rarely get one of those since that sort of discovery is reserved for those who are new or not regular divers to the area :wink:

Just kiddin ya'll - sooner or later I'll be going up there now that the storm has passed and churned the bottom up :D

Y'all suck..(just kidding)...I wanna go collect sharks teeth....but I stuck here in Indiana....we don't get anything cool like that. :(

Na Na na Na na na! :D
/joking

TailDragger and I are heading back to Venice Beach again tomorrow 8/20/04 if anybody would like to join us.. Alhambra area about 9:30-10AM.. Full-size blue Ford van..

How modest of you, Collin. I was there for your first meg. I knew I should have been digging deep, but as a newbie VB diver, I didn't want to stir up the muck. Next time, tho...

Glad to see that you all survived the big storm. My in-laws in PC had minimal damage and seem more shaken at the destruction that others endured. Getting the itch to do some more shark tooth diving.

Rob

rjdiver:
How modest of you, Collin. I was there for your first meg. I knew I should have been digging deep, but as a newbie VB diver, I didn't want to stir up the muck. Next time, tho...
Looooooooooook out Venice.. I am thinking Sunday is a going to be my day to go up there and look for more than just a meagalodon tooth.. maybe I can find something neat like a mastedon tooth or sabercat tooth or claw to! Storms do wonderful things to fossil fields!!

Glad to see that you all survived the big storm. My in-laws in PC had minimal damage and seem more shaken at the destruction that others endured. Getting the itch to do some more shark tooth diving.

Rob

We got along alright down here. I've posted a little pictoral view of my condo and my grams house on the conchdivers site for anyone interested: www.conchdivers.com/charley

When I go through Charlotte county headed towards Venice I'll snap some more pix up there. I'm also going to try an get in touch with WildBill and get some pix of his house as well as slide by ReefGuy's and get a pic or two of his house with the house in it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom