Did someone die at CSSP last week?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My thoughts and prayers to the family.

Sad, indeed.

My heartfelt condolences go out to the family as well :frown:

From the Terrell Tribune:

"A Grand Prairie man drowned at a scuba park in Ables Springs Thursday
afternoon.
Ronald Burzycki, 56, was pronounced dead at Medical Center at Terrell
shortly after 2 p.m. by Justice of the Peace James Williams.
Burzycki was diving with his wife when the incident happened, according
to a Kaufman County Sheriff¹s Department spokesman.
According to Burzycki¹s wife, Burzycki panicked while underwater. She
attempted to help him to the surface, but was unable to.
She did state that he had his regulator (breathing device) in his mouth
when she went for help.
The victim¹s wife went to the dive shop and one of the attendants
returned to where the two had been diving to begin a search. The victim¹s
wife called 911.
Ables Springs Fire Department and KCSD deputies responded to the scene.
The two were fairly experienced scuba divers after receiving their
certifications in September, reports said. The couple had been on five dives
before this incident. "

texdiveguy:
The two were fairly experienced scuba divers after receiving their certifications in September, reports said. The couple had been on five dives before this incident. "

Excuse me? I certainly hope this is a typo and the reporter meant INexperienced.

Either way it was a tragedy.

Our pray's go out to the family and friends.

Texdiveguy,
Thank you very much for the update. I'm sure everyone has been wondering about him, and thinking about this man's family. It hits home when it's our favorite local watering hole, doesn't it? It is so very sad for everyone, especially his family, for the staff at Clear Springs, and for the emergency response teams.

Foo

Dee:
Excuse me? I certainly hope this is a typo and the reporter meant INexperienced.

You never know Dee, the only thing the reporter may know about diving is that you jump in and breathe some type of mysterious gas from a tank. And he did write "reports said", but didn't clarify from what or who's reports.

There is a very simple way to obtain more factual information than is in the newspaper. After the case is closed take a look at the Sheriff's Office case file. That would have the Fire Dept./EMS reports, witness statements, investigator's findings, and the autopsy report from SWIFS in it, all available via public records. I wonder if the equipment was placed into evidence until it can be examined by qualified personnel.

I would be interested to see the results of an investigation by an industry professional who is experienced in the etiology of diving accidents. This is a very unfortunate tragedy.

Wow!!

Can you really get all that stuff from public records?

Regards,

Yeah Cuda, as long as the case is not under investigation, with some exceptions of confidential information such as addresses of crime victims, witnesses, and such. Can get the full autopsy report except photos and x-rays of the body (thank goodness there is some respect), and there are exceptions to that also such as subpoena and such.

You may run into some flak trying to get it, but it's legally available to anyone that wants to look at it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom