Did i just get taken

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maderadiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Ok I just ordered two dive computers from leisure pro heres what I ordered

Two aeris xr1 nx wristmount computers for 350 $

What they sent

Two aeris A100. Wristmount

Did they make a mistake is the xr1discontinued

Is there any downsides to the a100
It looks diffrent the the xr1 for sure and i actualy liked the way the xr1 looked

Should I contact them and see if it was just a mistake have a dive this weekend and i doubt they would get me a replacement in time. Sould i just use these

Anyone dive the a100

Ok I admit to jumping the gun the computer they sent seems to have everything the xr1 has and then some plus some stuff I had wanted and settled for not getting with the xr1 due to price so thumbs up to leisure pro

Last edited:
Did you call them? That would be the most prudent move. And why do you have to use them this weekend? What have you been doing up until now? Just do that as once they get wet they should not be taken back unless defective.

Did you call them? That would be the most prudent move. And why do you have to use them this weekend? What have you been doing up until now? Just do that as once they get wet they should not be taken back unless defective.

I just got my cert these will be my first out of class dives and my first not diving tables

Have you cross checked the specs on each of these units?? I highly doubt that an online vendor of their size would "screw" you intentionally. I would not be shocked to find out you received a bonus due to them being out of stock or on back order. But as Jim states, call them, we sure don't know why!!:D

Ok I just ordered two dive computers from leisure pro heres what I ordered

Two aeris xr1 nx wristmount computers for 350 $

What they sent

Two aeris A100. Wristmount

From a very quick cursory look I would say that they sent you an upgrade. Looks like LP is blowing out the XR1 and may have been out of stock so they sent you the next best thing. I would dive them and not worry about it. Computers at that level are pretty much the same.

Leisurepro has been known to send newer models when an older model has been ordered but they are out of stock.

Going by sticker price, the ones they shipped are more expensive.

What he said ^^^^. Leisurepro will commonly substitute a newer model for the older model and at the old price. If you like them, keep them. If not, just send them back... but unused.

I'm not in order fulfillment, so I can't say with any certainty exactly what happened, but I'm personally thinking it's along the lines of what has been said above.

If you are concerned about it or don't want what appears to be an upgrade:

1. DO NOT DIVE IT. While I wish we had a bit more wiggle room with this rule, at this point in time we don't, so if you dive it, it's yours.
2. Either give us a call at 800.637.6880 or email your order information and the situation to custserv@leisurepro.com. If you want more eyes on it, feel free to CC me on the email at nickb@leisurepro.com. Please don't send just to me otherwise I become the middle man just slowing down the process instead of an extra set of eyes (and loud mouth to management) should I become necessary.

And, as always, please do not hesitate to contact me directly (anyone reading this) should you have any questions or concerns. I'm not only the social media guy for LeisurePro, I'm also a diver...I guarantee it! :wink:

I think your right its looks like the a100 is "better" than the xr1 I chose the xr1 over the mares puck due to the info being more. Compartmented info but oh well its my fault for waiting till the last minute to order something and the a100 has everything i was looking for as far as features so in the words of a classmate time to suck it up and dive lol

---------- Post added December 10th, 2013 at 05:45 PM ----------

Just to clarify i was not planning on returning them after diving them i was asking if I should just keep them or not I think there return policy is very generous already . And like i said its my fault for doing things last minute but i wish they would have shot me a email saying they were swapping them out.

I'm sure there fine and lets be honest here running air for three dives on a steel 72. Above 60 feet with the sac rateof a excited puppy. as well as double checking times with the tables. Even the most basic computer is going to be twiddling its thumbs vs working hard

Back
Top Bottom