Did anyone dive NC this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bankey:
6/18 Papoose 70' viz 73 degrees
6/18 U352 60' viz 73 degrees
6/19 Suloide 40' viz 70 degrees (twice)
6/20 blowout
6/21 Spar 20' viz 72 degrees
6/21 Papoose 50' viz 72 degrees

Dove with Olympus all days. As always the crew did an awesome job. Nothing really out of the way to report on any of the wrecks. Fairly standard dives on all of them except for the bad viz on the Spar, but it was the first dive the day after being blown out.

You're right about Saturday. I'm not sure if you stayed for Sunday. Midnight Express went to the Box Wreck and Bedfordshire. The Box wreck, the first time for me, was like diving in an aquarium. A Sandtiger, a lot of tropical fish, Lion fish, Angel Fish, eels, jacks.... Viz was great. I have a picture from the bottom of the anchor line and you can see the bottom of the boat clearly. The Bedforshire was a little chilly but a great wreck for Flounder.

I dove out of Hatteras last Thursday the 7th. The Ocean was as flat as Ive ever seen in. We dove the F.W. Abrams both dives. The vis was probably around 70 ft on the first dive and started getting a little mirky on the second. It was a great dive. Everyone on the boat was really nice people even the ones from New York. The highlight of the trip was I didn't get sick! I tried a couple of new things this time, however I don't know if it was the new drugs or that the seas were so calm. I know the pharmacist guy on this forum will probably say I'm an idiot for doing this but for you other sickies like me out there, I took a half dose 12.5mg of a anti-nausea drug called phenergan and homeopathic remedy I found on the internet that has something called cocculus indicus and nux vomica in it. I didn't have near the side effects that I have when I use the patch. Actually, I didn't have any side effects. I'm not suggesting anyone else do this at all. Please check with your doctor first.

I made it out to the U boat last thursday, the 14th, and we have about 90ft of vis and around 78 deg waters it was amazing. Also dove Radio Island with about 4ft of vis, and alot of live on the jetty. All in all, great diving, now back to the quarries and rivers.

Visibility is not an issue.

Hey Guys! Can u give me a couple of charters North of you... Wanna do some NC diving (during the week), but want a shorter drive (from Philly)!!! Thanx a lot. Blue water to y'all!

P.S.: Stop complaining about 20ft viz - here it's considered Heaven's sent!

like where? nags head?

PAdiver93:
Hey Guys! Can u give me a couple of charters North of you... Wanna do some NC diving (during the week), but want a shorter drive (from Philly)!!! Thanx a lot. Blue water to y'all!

P.S.: Stop complaining about 20ft viz - here it's considered Heaven's sent!

Check here for charter in Nags Head, and other areas of NC:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=99945

Mel

BabyDuck:
like where? nags head?
I highly recommend the Outer Banks Dive Center and Go Between Charters.

I have been trying to make a dive trip to the outter banks (my uncle has a place in Kitty Hawk) and after reading these posts, I now want to move there!!

Oh well, I am packed and ready roll for my Lake Erie dive trip this weekend. Hopefully 30+ vis and 40f+ temp. At least I have zero percent chance of being eaten!

Keep those post coming, that's some really nice diving you have in NC.

I guess... Nags Head - that should do - how far from Wilmington? (BTW - I think I just talked my W. into going up to NC in September (NOW - I'm looking for a nice family vacation (CLOSE to diving spots).... Again, sorry to boother you (But u seem 2 know your stuff)....

P.S.: Congratulations on being named #1 Wreck Diving spot in the world!!! (Scuba Diving Magazine)

cornfed:
I highly recommend the Outer Banks Dive Center and Go Between Charters.

website??? link? (please?)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom