Diaphram vs Piston regs.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i guess i should specify my question a little more, Im looking at scubapro regs. Im trying to decide between the mk17 and the mk25; one being a piston and one being a diaphram. Right now im leaning towards the mk17 and trying to see if there are any reasons to choose the mk25.

Also, why dont they sell the mk17/g250v combo in the US and why dont them sell them anywhere seperately to be combined? I have found one european site that sells in the us where i can get them together but that seems to be it.

Now you're asking a good specific question. There's probably no reason to spend extra money to get the MK25, unless you're planning on sharing air with 5 of your closest air hog friends at 130 ft. If you're diving in very cold water, like sub 40F, the Mk17 has a real advantage. Other than that they're both going to work great. (And, many people have used the MK25 for cold water in any event)

I think I have seen the MK17/G250V combination advertised in the U.S. Even if not, any SP dealer can easily get it for you.

i guess i should specify my question a little more, Im looking at scubapro regs. Im trying to decide between the mk17 and the mk25; one being a piston and one being a diaphram. Right now im leaning towards the mk17 and trying to see if there are any reasons to choose the mk25.

Also, why dont they sell the mk17/g250v combo in the US and why dont them sell them anywhere seperately to be combined? I have found one european site that sells in the us where i can get them together but that seems to be it.
They will, its just not packaged/bundled that particular way in the catalog. Your SP dealer can get that combination for you if you want. My dive buddy uses that exact combination (with an S600 bungied backup).

The MK17 G250V is in the dealer order book as a combo the only difference I have noted is hose routing the MK25 dose this much better then the MK17
The MK 19 isn't available from US dealers

Go for the MK 17. If you're diving in cold water, you'll want a reg that can sustain to below 45 degrees fahrenheit. The MK25 is the second most expensive reg that SP sells, so naturally any dive shop will reccomend it if they don't have a concious. If you are able, you can look for a ScubaPro MK17. This is a sealed diaphragm reg, same as the MK17, but it has the same hose routing as the MK25. This is only sold in Europe, and last I checked, SP doesn't manufacture them any more, but they are definitely worth looking for. There should be a shop around your area that deals SP, this link will help you. SCUBAPRO UWATEC | Deep Down You Want the Best,

Last edited:
^^^ your link screwed me, the site now thinks i live in britian and wont load. cant fix it either

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom