diagnosis=hypertension

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

waterpirate

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
So I am wondering what the effect the diagnosis will have on tek2 activities? Being 48 and been blessed thus far with only broken bones and stitches, this preliminary diagnosis has me wondering about my passion for tek2.

After a battery of blood work everything is good except for a cohlesterol count of 111. I am cardio fit, a healthy weight, and active at work. Still waiting for results of my echo cardigrahm and follow up with heart dr. on 27th.

Any one have experiance with this?
Eric

Hypertension appears to increase the probability of immersion pulmonary edema, but that doesn't require T2 depths to be a risk.

Other things will depend on which meds they decide to use. For a diver, beta blockers are definitely not first-line agents (and they rarely are, anyway). If you are just put on an ACE inhibitor like lisinopril, it shouldn't affect very much.

I don't know you at all, but for people who are overweight, dropping even a few pounds can get them off meds.

Reactions: Jax
LOL!,
I had a suspicion I would be talking to you L, thanx for the reply. I am very anti meds if they can be avoided. I am 6' and 198#. Not exactly my fighting weight, but not overweight either. If I am hearing you correctly the first line of defense should be some weight loss and maybe some diet and conditioning modification? Prolly not a bad idea in any case. I hate to bring up diving related questions to a non diving DR. as you never hear an answer, just their exploits at holiday last year.
Eric

Back
Top Bottom