Dherbman Does Baby Barge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Got to dive with Dave before he crosses over to the dark side into the abyss and is lost forever....We went on Captain Joey excursion to Baby Barge. I guess I could whine about the 60 ft viz, which is substandard, but some days you gotta take what you can get, which is a great dive buddy and a boat with good tunes and a low key attitude. Thanks to Joe for always humping to please....

Near the full moon phase, a mild current had me huffing a bit trying to make it to the shark ledges. We cut the corner and caught the southeast lip but no sharks at home today. Found some teenage turtles which were zipping around, seemingly on hormones. We poked inside the wreck for a shot I want but the light I brought had decided to die. I hate lights. The current felt powerful surging through the openings, so I am always a little careful with all the sharp edges inside.

Second dive we did Portlock and drifted westward towards Diamond Head. The other group (doctor/nurses from Queen's medical center?) were seperated early on so I blew my bag about halfway through the dive, as we had the captain's visiting nephew, John, and his mom was on the boat. (Moms love surface markers, especially ones that grew up local, with Joey) Thanks to all for braving the 60 ft viz with me!

DSC_0088.jpg

DSC_0029-3.jpg

DSC_0110.jpg

DSC_0037-11.jpg

collage49.jpg

As usual, awsome shots!......BTW, forgot your alaskan gift. Will bring it on sunday.

somebody said "gift"?

well, I will be there, I think Dave may be back on the family program. They go to Maui for a day to do the road to Hana. Spread the word we are running a three tanker!
...At least they could come laugh at the crew.

hey, whats up with Dave's hoses? He better get that cleaned up before he turns up on some black list. And I suckered him into carrying my stroke light too...see? he is still flexible enough to dive island style!

yes, these PNW DIR divers need to wrap those hoses a little tighter, thats what I think. Other than that, he gets an A.

What a stroke.

Looking good, bro !

Tell dave....he has to many hoses out of control. What a stroke.

:wink: <- smilie for the humour impaired

riguerin:
What a stroke.
LOL...I wasn't the only one :wink:

Superb shots as usual Catherine. I've been working on more "Bathroom Series" shots for you...:D

I thought that was howarde when I first saw herb's hair...:wink:

yea, a good model. It is always nice to shoot a man that has his limbs under control.

I don't think I have ever done that dive without seeing at least a whitetip or something.

Dennis, my pictures are getting worse everyday. I think something is off with my camera. I haven't shot anything macro in months....we saw lots of Potter's angels today.

Catherine, you beat me to it -- I was going to tweak him about his hoses and his danglies!

Beautiful photographs, especially the black and white portrait. It's amazing how much of someone's likeness and expression you were able to get in full scuba gear.

Also love the classic DIR pose with the hands out in front . . . :)

catherine96821:
yea, a good model. It is always nice to shoot a man that has his limbs under control.

I don't think I have ever done that dive without seeing at least a whitetip or something.

Dennis, my pictures are getting worse everyday. I think something is off with my camera. I haven't shot anything macro in months....we saw lots of Potter's angels today.

Did you send your housing back yet? You know what is coming up in October...:D

Let me know what problems you're having.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom