DGX now stocking Apeks Parts Kits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Gear Express has never offered training classes in regulator repair. We do publish and make freely available our own manuals and videos on how to perform a routine periodic service for our two DGX Gears branded models. We do not now, nor will we likely ever offer training classes for the other brands we carry such as Apeks, Dive Rite, Mares XR, or Poseidon. We don't own their copyrighted training materials and so we don't distribute or sell those materials except with their explicit permission. Contact the manufacturer directly for access to those resources.

Apeks brand regulators include a Limited Lifetime Warranty as long as they are inspected or serviced annually by an AQUALUNG AMERICA Authorized Dealer. This warranty covers the original owner against defects in parts or workmanship for the lifetime of the regulator and includes the Free-Parts-For-Life Program as outlined on their website. Rather than using a local Aqualung America dealer to perform the inspection required maintain the warranty and Free-Parts-For-Life program on Apeks brand regulator DS4, DST, XTX40 and XTX50 models, you also have the option to instead return those regulators to Dive Gear Express for a free inspection. You only pay for shipping. We will inspect your Apeks regulators according to Aqualung requirements to maintain your warranty and return them with a printed receipt and record of inspection.

Availability of sub-assemblies and components, repair parts, specialized tools and maintenance manuals does not imply qualification to assemble and/or service scuba equipment. Most authorized dealers are able to perform warranty, repair and service work on your equipment. Service by other than an authorized dealer may void the warranty. Because of right-to-repair laws, we do make available service kits and replacement parts to individuals appropriately qualified but only under the conditions of NO warranty, NO return, NO refund, and NO support. Improper service of dive equipment can lead to serious injury or death.

Dive Gear Express has never offered training classes in regulator repair. We do have our own manuals and videos on how to perform a routine periodic service for our two DGX Gears branded models. We do not now, nor will we ever offer training classes for the other brands we carry such as Apeks, Dive Rite, Mares XR, or Poseidon. We don't own their copyrighted training materials and so we don't distribute or sell those materials except with their explicit permission. Contact the manufacturer directly for access to those resources.

Availability of sub-assemblies and components, repair parts, specialized tools and maintenance manuals does not imply qualification to assemble and/or service scuba equipment. Most authorized dealers are able to perform warranty, repair and service work on your equipment. Service by other than an authorized dealer may void the warranty. Because of right-to-repair laws, we do make available service kits and replacement parts to individuals appropriately qualified but only under the conditions of NO warranty, NO return, NO refunds, NO support. Improper service of dive equipment can lead to serious injury or death.
Love to see DGX supporting right to repair!! Thank you for supporting the DIY community!

Yeah, agree, I checked yesterday.

Launching in the Spring of 2023, Dive Gear Express is becoming an authorized dealer for Apeks brand marine diving equipment. We are currently receiving our initial inventory shipments and hope to have most Apeks equipment in stock and available both in-store and on-line by April of 2023.

We received about 35 cartons of product this week, with about half of the opening PO yet to ship... including service kits that are still backordered as of yesterday.

Will you be stocking Din conversion kits?
Perhaps, we don't plan on stocking their native Yoke version 1st stages and would expect little demand for Apeks Yoke-to-DIN conversions but if there is demand we could offer them for the DS4 and DST models (it's the same parts).

Depends on price tbh. They're $120 through a dive shop but $60 overseas. I've bought a lot of 2nd hand ds4/dst and converted them

Based on the 2022 parts price list, "RA112112 Native Yoke-to-DIN Conversion Kit, Chrome" our retail price would be $70

As you point out, I too have personally ordered their parts online for years so I'm not clear why there seems to be excitement about parts availability on Apeks.
Not sure about other people, but I’ve had to order parts and service kits from Europe, eating a chunk of shipping + duties. Since I seem to be doing a DGX order twice a year anyway, this will be way easier (and hopefully more reliable!).

Based on the 2022 parts price list, "RA112112 Native Yoke-to-DIN Conversion Kit, Chrome" our retail price would be $70

As you point out, I too have personally ordered their parts online for years so I'm not clear why there seems to be excitement about parts availability on Apeks.
Because overnighting parts from japan is expensive an annoying.
I would buy at least 1 at $70

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom