DGX now stocking Apeks Parts Kits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Absolutely huge props to DGX on this! This is a big win for right to repair.

This is a gamechanger for us as my wife loves her Apeks. Service kit options are otherwise limited aftermarket kits from overseas which isn't fast - or befriending a reg tech at a local Apeks dealer :wink:

Now that DGX has finished rolled out Apeks products it appears they are still not selling the Apeks service kits to the public. I sent them a message and they confirmed Apeks has still not authorized the sale of the kits separately.

Really sad to hear this after I got my hopes up... guess I'll go back to ordering overseas.

Service Kits or Savage Hunt?
where are all Apeks parts kits DGX is out ebay is alight with shops selling parts kits "which i guess is against the Reseller rules and regs"... I smell a classic (no longer Serviced) coming to fruition like I did when my beloved DACOR needed service in 1999 and the no parts words were spewed into the air past my eardrum resonating in my middle ear like a bad ring as my brain processed the transmission ( the reg you love is bound for the trashcan )

Service Kit - Apeks Regulators
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Purge or market crash?
I know they were pushing heavy on the "remaining stock of ape/k's at divers-supply (in shop)" free parts for life and steep discounts... I asked if they would sell kits thus my search to find kits for service... in the Western Hemisphere.. so 70.00 for a ds4 svc kit + labor bit steep for a 400 reg per year... NOW (free parts is only good if the company is afloat)

Let me know if it is just my imagination or the flood of (used) apeks is due to the impending ( no parts -- zombie apocalypse UK version )
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Financial questions vs reading the financial wording...
European private equity firm *2017* (Montagu Private Equity)VS financial holding company *2023*

§ 225.81
A financial holding company is a bank holding company that can offer non-banking financial services. Services that FHCs can offer include insurance underwriting, securities dealing, merchant banking, securities underwriting, and investment advisory services. §

Apeks|AquaLung Corporation... 2017 Sold for 200 million Euros --- 2023 Sold (undisclosed) {translation in the red} since it was to a "financial holding company" <--- when you see these three words [TOGETHER] it means THE STAFF AND OPERATIONAL COST WERE TOO EXPENSIVE TO MAINTAIN PROFITS
Supply chain and end user promises?

2023 July... -->> 2023 October ... parts kit where? --
next free parts for life is that the life of the sold company which technically is defunct (yes) | The life of the gear (no) | The life of the paper the receipt is printed on after it is set on fire (yes) |
Going Going Gone? / Reincarnated with amnesia?

I remember in Cutler Ridge "the furniture store" which was Going out of Business every year for 30+ years... lifetime warranty on all furniture... "come dec31st EVERY YEAR" the corporation holding the lease and selling the furniture changed the holding company's name
meaning "scooby doo" DBA [the furniture store] went chap 11 on Dec 31 now {scooby doo II} DBA as [the furniture store] Jan 1...
Just wait... come 2024 on free parts for life IF there is a parts corp DBA APE/k's bet you do not get the free parts for life anymore.

If you ever had a jeep this should not sound that far fetched (willys (40's)/ (50's) Overland / (60's) Kaiser / (71~86) Amc / (87~95) Chrysler / (96~2004) Mercedes / (2005~2016) Chrysler Group/ (2016 present) Chrysler LTD )

//Thoughts or am I acting Crazy?

Service Kits or Savage Hunt?
where are all Apeks parts kits DGX is out ebay is alight with shops selling parts kits "which i guess is against the Reseller rules and regs"...
I don't know why you can't get them in the States but you can order parts from countless shops in Europe and shipping isn't that expensive either.
Here is one example of a shop that stocks all kinds of Apeks parts, kits and tools: regulator revision & workshop

I don't know why you can't get them in the States but you can order parts from countless shops in Europe and shipping isn't that expensive either.
Here is one example of a shop that stocks all kinds of Apeks parts, kits and tools: regulator revision & workshop

Look to be old stock Apeks kits

Will they ship outside of EU?

I saw Titanium and thought how did I miss those first stages. I assume it's a translation thing🤔

IMG_3441.png

Look to be old stock Apeks kits

Will they ship outside of EU?
Good that they sell parts but boy they are premium pricing.
The pictures might only be sample pictures, idk. Unfortunately everything over here got more expensive last year... not only parts and regs but also butter and bread. Inflation was and is really high now after rona and since the beginning of the war.
A 50xtx/DST sets are a over 100 bucks more than last year.
I reckon those prices are msrp.

AFAIK they do export stuff: VAT and export

I saw Titanium and thought how did I miss those first stages. I assume it's a translation thing🤔
Yeah, probably the Titan. You're going to find a lot of wonky English on shop sites like these.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom