Devil's Sink?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is a cesspool. Duct tape your eyes shut, gear up, and find some dog droppings to roll around in. You will have had a comparable experience. Devil's Sink is pretty easy to find. However, the sand on the trail leading in is deep. The sink itself has a 60 foot climb to the waters edge. It is very steep and washed out. The pool itself is full of garbage and most of the surrounding trees have a number of contraptions nailed to them as rope swings and diving platforms. The water is a thick green and it put off a pungent odor. Lots of floating rash. Zero vis down to about 35 where the green gave way to black. I could barely make out my buddies 10w from 4 ft away. At 50ft encountered a number of dumped trees in the water. We circled the basin and could find no way past the severe entanglement hazards. Don't bother with this dive. DaveCurrent Search Radius: 5 Miles 10 Miles 25 Miles 50 Miles 100 Miles Cave & Cavern Systems Within 1 Miles of Devil's SinkSystemCountyDepthCaveCavernOWLast ReportDistance
ts.gif
ts.gif
ts.gif
ts.gif
ts.gif
ts.gif
ts.gif
ts.gif

This is what that link found by SuPrBuGmAn says. I think we need to pass on this one bro. Keys comeing up anyway.

Thanks guys... I will definitely pass on this one. I'm glad I didn't drive all the way out there just to find out it was gross!

Crazy Fingers:
Thanks guys... I will definitely pass on this one. I'm glad I didn't drive all the way out there just to find out it was gross!
That's only one of the reasons SB is da bomb! You found out the easy way.

There's only one thing left to do now..... go see the steam rising from Devil's Den! It's the right time of year. Like I said, pick and post a date (starting it as new thread would probably be best) Maybe a nice Saturday afternoon gathering or a weekend/overnight camp out. A li'l food, maybe some beer.... (check w/DD first) Meet n greets are so much fun, they should be illegal. :D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom