Destination Suggestion?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are liquor stores on Brac but they are closed on Sundays and alcohol is expensive in the Caymans.

Thanks for all the great information.

At home the wife and I are strictly beer and wine light drinkers. Given a palm tree and an ocean view we will sometimes deviate for something fruity with rum and an umbrella in late afternoon to watch a sunset.

No island, then I suggest the Pacific side of Costa Rica. Flamingo area to be more specific...so much more to do there than dive it's such a wonderful country....and it's not an island:)

My second choice would be Panama....good diving and again plenty of non diving activities....I hear they even have a canal:wink:

Asking from a point of not knowing much about the specifics of diving in Costa Rica and Panama:
Is there decent or good shore diving (ideally from the site where the (yet...) non diving spouse may hang out on the beach - in a perfect world with some snorkel spots too) or is the diving mostly boat based?
(Same question for me elsewhere too, but don't want to completely hijack the thread...)

Asking from a point of not knowing much about the specifics of diving in Costa Rica and Panama:
Is there decent or good shore diving (ideally from the site where the (yet...) non diving spouse may hang out on the beach - in a perfect world with some snorkel spots too) or is the diving mostly boat based?
(Same question for me elsewhere too, but don't want to completely hijack the thread...)
Boat diving afaik......but one can surf those awesome waves from shore in Costa Rica:)

In Panama, we took a two hour ferry to the island of Contradora...cool little island where we dove and hung out on the beach for a few days....there may be shore diving but I didn't ask.

Roatan is an island:)

No island, then I suggest the Pacific side of Costa Rica. Flamingo area to be more specific...so much more to do there than dive it's such a wonderful country....and it's not an island:)
My second choice would be Panama....good diving and again plenty of non diving activities....I hear they even have a canal:wink:

I don't think that the OP said "no islands" just not islands that they have already visited, or that can only be reached by a propeller plane or boat.

Roatan's got sand flies so its a no-go for a non-diver. On Bonaire a non-diver would be too bored, so I vote for Curacao. Lots of direct flights (American flies daily from Miami), plenty of critters underwater.

Curacao also offers many other entertainment options for non-divers.

I don't think that the OP said "no islands" just not islands that they have already visited, or that can only be reached by a propeller plane or boat.
My bad, but I still believe Roatan is an island :)

There is also Saba, often overlooked.

Very true, but you have to get there on a small propeller plane (with a scary landing) or by ferry from St. Martin or St. Kitts. And Saba is almost vertical and the OP was looking for places with easy, flat walking.

Very true, but you have to get there on a small propeller plane (with a scary landing) or by ferry from St. Martin or St. Kitts. And Saba is almost vertical and the OP was looking for places with easy, flat walking.

Ah. I forgot we were trying to help someone, and have gotten a little vicarious.

Back
Top Bottom