Destin/Sandestin 6/20-6/23?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There have been problems with that around the board - try opening a new session, that seems to bring them back for some people.

If that's your skimpy swimsuit, I think I'll pass on this dive :D.

photohikedive:
can you see this? :mooner:
Beautiful... 10 posts before we start with the games... I think that might be a new record. Normally you only get one serious reply before someone starts clowning around. :)

To everyone, thanks for your tips. I'm gonna see if some of the other guys in the wedding party are divers, I know of at least one, hopefully some more are and we can grab one of the rental cars and make a trip to the jetties. "Worst" case scenario, I'll do a boat dive with ScubaTech -- can't see taking a boat across the harbor to do a shore dive.

mike_s:
You basically have two boat operations to choose from in Destin. Or "sorta two". Scubatech has an oil crew boat that they run. But they wimp out if the seas get over 3 feet. They cancel a lot of trips. When I was down there I scheduled to dive with them 2 days and they canceled one. The other shop is Emerald Coast Scuba. Their boat seems like it hardly ever goes past the jetties. (what that means it that they seem to cruise the 1/4 mile from the harbor to the jetty, throw anchor and divers get in the water. Oh.. yeah.. btw, this is to the same dive site that we all walk to.).

Thats not fair, while I was there in Destin for IDC, they went offshore nearly every day there was good weather. In addition they do A LOT of discover scuba courses, which are great at the jetties, and no point in walking when you have a boat. ECS will take their boat wherever people pay them to go. Its not their fault if everyone wants to go to the jetties.

Oh if I had a boat, I wouldn't be walking to the jetty through that soft sand either...

I've yet though to see them go pas the jetty for a dive though. Even when I was on Scubatechs boat, come back in and you'd see ECS's boat at the jetty.

I've chartered through ScubaTech about a half dozen times without a cancel, but we also hit the same sites - Miss Louis, bridge rubble, and/or a barge. The crew has always been helpfull and knowledgable, but I probably will opt to charter elsewhere from now-on so I can see some different parts of the gulf.

I believe SY and Corigan went through Emeral Coast and dove some Navy Landing craft or tenders or something out of Destin. I would like to see that and other sites added to ScubaTech's regular sites...

Yeah... Corigan went with them last year. I dove with him at the quarry a weekend or two afterwards and he didn't have a good experience with them. I did a search and found his trip report. http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=103020

maybe they've improved stuff. I've never used them.

the fact that the panhandle diver operators (Destin and Panama City) only go to the same sites over and over is something they need to improve on.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom