Trip Report Destin - Bridge Rubble - Oct 23 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

b1draper

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
On the afternoon of the 23rd I went out with ScubaTech out of Destin. We were scheduled to dive the Miss Louise. When we arrived red tide was already there. The DM dove down to set the anchor and couldn't see his watch. Nancy the Captain decided to head further west to where the tide hadn't gotten to yet. So we ended up at the Destin bridge rubble. The visibility was about 30-40 feet. The temp at 65 feet was roughly 74 degrees. We did two dives at this site. We saw sharks, rays, a LARGE school of spadefish and a few barracudas. I had my 13yo daughter with me; this was her first dive offshore from a boat. She had a blast. She squealed with joy to see the sharks.

Hey, glad you had a good time visiting Destin and diving. We have a lot of great dive sites here. I hope you come back with your daughter to explore more. Cheers, mate!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom